Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 75 Rhode Island 59

Featured Replies

I'm sorry, I know no one cares, but I'm just insanely excited about how this season has gone.

 

In a game between teams tied atop the Atlantic 10 standings, the Flyers came out on top to cap an undefeated home record. Dayton finished 16-0 at UD Arena this year and bid a fond farewell to the lone senior: Jordan Siebert. He was only with the team for two years after transferring from Ohio State but his shot to seal the Round of 32 game against Syracuse last year means he'll be remembered by Flyer Faithful for a very, very long time. Never thought I'd say this sentence but... Thad Matta... thank you very, very much.

 

Dayton's been in the league since 1995-96 and they've NEVER won a regular season championship. The Flyers have a chance to clinch at least a share of the A-10 regular season title with a win at LaSalle on Saturday.

 

Archie Miller for Coach of the Year.

Archie Miller for Coach of the Year.

 

Who will coach the Flyers next year?

I'm sorry, I know no one cares, but I'm just insanely excited about how this season has gone.

 

In a game between teams tied atop the Atlantic 10 standings, the Flyers came out on top to cap an undefeated home record. Dayton finished 16-0 at UD Arena this year and bid a fond farewell to the lone senior: Jordan Siebert. He was only with the team for two years after transferring from Ohio State but his shot to seal the Round of 32 game against Syracuse last year means he'll be remembered by Flyer Faithful for a very, very long time. Never thought I'd say this sentence but... Thad Matta... thank you very, very much.

 

Dayton's been in the league since 1995-96 and they've NEVER won a regular season championship. The Flyers have a chance to clinch at least a share of the A-10 regular season title with a win at LaSalle on Saturday.

 

Archie Miller for Coach of the Year.

 

I thought I saw on ESPN that the Flyers were undefeated at home this season.

  • Author
Who will coach the Flyers next year?

 

Could be Miller. I think he'll take his brother's patient approach and wait for the right job. He's not going to pull the Purnell and bolt for the first useless Power Five school that offers a job (of course, Purnell had just not bothered recruiting during his last two years at UD and so really just needed to get out of town).

 

The biggest worry is that NC State somehow fails to make the NCAA tournament and the board gets rid of Gottfried. Miller definitely bolts for his alma mater if they call.

 

If the right job opens, he'll bolt and I wouldn't blame him for a second.

 

If he does leave (and good luck to him if he does; nothing but the best) who knows where they'll find the next coach. I don't know enough about who might be the big-shot assistants out there to say where Wabler will find the next guy. Gregory worked out OK and Miller was great so I'd imagine he'll continue on the route of the big-recruiting assistant rather than a lower-tier head coach.

Could be Miller. I think he'll take his brother's patient approach and wait for the right job. He's not going to pull the Purnell and bolt for the first useless Power Five school that offers a job (of course, Purnell had just not bothered recruiting during his last two years at UD and so really just needed to get out of town).

 

The biggest worry is that NC State somehow fails to make the NCAA tournament and the board gets rid of Gottfried. Miller definitely bolts for his alma mater if they call.

 

If the right job opens, he'll bolt and I wouldn't blame him for a second.

 

If he does leave (and good luck to him if he does; nothing but the best) who knows where they'll find the next coach. I don't know enough about who might be the big-shot assistants out there to say where Wabler will find the next guy. Gregory worked out OK and Miller was great so I'd imagine he'll continue on the route of the big-recruiting assistant rather than a lower-tier head coach.

 

I think he's gone.

 

There could be a handful of decent to above average major jobs open up.

 

Possibilities:

 

Georgia Tech

Memphis

DePaul

Seton Hall

Texas

NC State

Indiana

Arizona State (Wouldn't that be fun?)

Alabama

Tennessee

 

 

Now most of those probably won't open up, but I'd bet a handful of them will. Archie's name would be near the top of the list for most all of them.

Could be Miller. I think he'll take his brother's patient approach and wait for the right job. He's not going to pull the Purnell and bolt for the first useless Power Five school that offers a job (of course' date=' Purnell had just not bothered recruiting during his last two years at UD and so really just needed to get out of town). The biggest worry is that NC State somehow fails to make the NCAA tournament and the board gets rid of Gottfried. Miller definitely bolts for his alma mater if they call. If the right job opens, he'll bolt and I wouldn't blame him for a second. If he does leave (and good luck to him if he does; nothing but the best) who knows where they'll find the next coach. I don't know enough about who might be the big-shot assistants out there to say where Wabler will find the next guy. Gregory worked out OK and Miller was great so I'd imagine he'll continue on the route of the big-recruiting assistant rather than a lower-tier head coach.[/quote']

 

What if a school like GA Tech?

  • Author

He'd definitely leave for several of those schools... who wouldn't? But I think the lessons are there for just how hard it is to win at places like Georgia Tech, DePaul, Seton Hall, Alabama, etc. If the money's there, I wouldn't blame him and these four years are amazing, but I really think he'll hold on for a big-time job unless he really thinks the team he's going coming back next year at Dayton will be a stinker.

  • Author

Oh my gosh nevermind. I just looked it up. DePaul pays Purnell $1.8 million. :lol::lol::lol:

 

Archie! Get out, bro! Take that DePaul money. It's like they don't even care!

  • Author
What if a school like GA Tech?

 

There are plenty of reasons to take that job. They all look like dollar signs.

 

I don't think it's particularly easy to win in a place where no one cares about the team and unless Archie wants to deal with that, he'll pass and wait for a better gig.

 

Are Georgia Tech supporters so impressed with Brian Gregory that they'll tap into the UD well once again?

Never even thought about it before, but I want to see him at Arizona State. Talk about adding intrigue to a rivalry.

There are plenty of reasons to take that job. They all look like dollar signs.

 

I don't think it's particularly easy to win in a place where no one cares about the team and unless Archie wants to deal with that, he'll pass and wait for a better gig.

 

Are Georgia Tech supporters so impressed with Brian Gregory that they'll tap into the UD well once again?

 

Who's the AD at Tech?

  • Author
Who's the AD at Tech?

 

Imagine -- for a moment -- that I have no idea...

Imagine -- for a moment -- that I have no idea...

 

Well done.

 

Mike Bobinski - former X AD.

  • Author
Well done.

 

Mike Bobinski - former X AD.

 

Oh, so the force of Southwest Ohio is strong in him.

 

No doubt that UD can't compete on the money. We've been a day late and a dollar short on conference realignment for three decades now. (Thanks for everything, Jim O'Brien and Brian Gregory.) The sum UD earns per year on the Atlantic 10 TV deal is just a fraction of what even the Big East schools get. If he's ready to get paid, then go forth. Don't blame him one bit.

 

My original suggestion was simply that there's a smaller list of schools at which winning is a priority for the administration, the athletic department, and the supporters. If he wants to get to one of those schools, then he might have to wait another year to get that call. It's all about what he wants at this point.

 

In the end, I'm not incredibly worried about speculating on what's going to happen a few weeks from now. I'm set on enjoying the rest of this season. If he leaves, he leaves. Good luck to him.

  • Author

Thanks for two of the best years Flyer fans have seen in a long time. Good luck, Jordan.

 

sibertwavinggoodbye.jpg

 

In his first ever game in a Dayton uniform last year, Sibert hit a game-winning three as time expired to avoid what would have been a hugely embarrassing season-opening loss to IPFW. Turning that loss into a win is conceivably one of the key moments that got Dayton out of the NIT and into the NCAA tournament last year, making that amazing run to the regional final possible.

 

Seriously... thanks for everything.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.