Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NYPD: "Be nice until it's time not to be nice"

Featured Replies

NYPD using ?Road House? movie to teach cops how to ?be nice? | New York Post

I can see a lot of people telling the NYPD, "I though you'd be taller"

 

The NYPD has turned to Patrick Swayze to teach city cops how to behave.

 

Police bosses are using a scene from the 1989 action flick “Road House” as part of the mandatory, three-day retraining course for 22,000 cops, The Post has learned.

 

“You have to have a thick skin,” an instructor told cops forced to take part in the $35 million program before hitting play on the two-minute clip from the cult classic, sources said.

 

In the scene, Swayze — playing a tough-guy bouncer, Dalton — teaches his goons at the rowdy bar Double Deuce how to handle unruly customers.

 

First, he spells out three rules, with the third being simply, “Be nice.”

 

“If somebody gets in your face and calls you a c–ksucker, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won’t walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can’t walk him, one of the others will help you, and you’ll both be nice,” he says.

 

“I want you to remember that it’s a job. It’s nothing personal.”

I saw the other day they were telling them in training to close their eyes and take a deep breath during stressful situations. :lol2:

 

I think they were serious too...

 

Closing eyes during a tense situation...thats pretty stupid.

I saw the other day they were telling them in training to close their eyes and take a deep breath during stressful situations. :lol2:

 

I think they were serious too...

 

Closing eyes during a tense situation...thats pretty stupid.

 

That is silly I agree. But I don't think this training is a bad thing for the minority of hot heads on the force. We know they exist so it's a good thing to have a training around these situations.

 

That is silly I agree. But I don't think this training is a bad thing for the minority of hot heads on the force. We know they exist so it's a good thing to have a training around these situations.

 

Closing your eyes in a tense situation is as stupid as it gets. It takes seconds someone to pull a gun, knife, swing a shovel at you....close your eyes and you might as well shoot yourself.

Closing your eyes in a tense situation is as stupid as it gets. It takes seconds someone to pull a gun, knife, swing a shovel at you....close your eyes and you might as well shoot yourself.

 

I said I agreed with that .

 

Just saying the general theme isn't a bad idea.

 

I said I agreed with that .

 

Just saying the general theme isn't a bad idea.

 

You said it wasn't a bad idea for the minority of hot heads, I thought you meant the closing eyes training...that's stupid for anyone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.