Fern Creek 78 Jeffersontown 75

Big district win for Fern Creek. Brandon Johnson from Jeffersontown was really special again. Not sure of the exact total, but close to 25. Freshman PG Anthony Wales led Fern Creek with 20. Tony Washington had a big 2nd half and finished with 19 for Fern Creek. Fern Creek also got 11 from Freshman Trey Hill.

This was a great district game that was competitive to the end. I love those type of games. I believe Jtown came out the gate too fast and have to learn to finish the game in tight situations. I was very impressed with the way Creek played when the game could have got away from them early. You don't see freshman in Jefferson county do those things. If those guys stay together & welcome new comers in the future, the 6th region is there for the taking.

Johnson played well but had some turnovers that hurt a little. Fatigue is partially the issue as he has to be on the floor for 30+ minutes. Creek took away the 3, so he did well getting to the basket an either scoring or finding the open man. And at times when Johnson had opportunity for a 3, he knocked it down. This point in the season, all of Jtown offensive play has been scouted to the point where good defensive teams take away what is going to happen & Creek did that for most of the night.

This was a great district game that was competitive to the end. I love those type of games. I believe Jtown came out the gate too fast and have to learn to finish the game in tight situations. I was very impressed with the way Creek played when the game could have got away from them early. You don't see freshman in Jefferson county do those things. If those guys stay together & welcome new comers in the future, the 6th region is there for the taking.

Johnson played well but had some turnovers that hurt a little. Fatigue is partially the issue as he has to be on the floor for 30+ minutes. Creek took away the 3, so he did well getting to the basket an either scoring or finding the open man. And at times when Johnson had opportunity for a 3, he knocked it down. This point in the season, all of Jtown offensive play has been scouted to the point where good defensive teams take away what is going to happen & Creek did that for most of the night.

Good analysis of this game Ville30. What makes district games special is you must throw out records and just be ready for a battle. Coaches are well prepared on what to do defensively to stop teams which generally calls for a closer game. If you look at the JTown record closely they have only a couple of bad losses that are hard to explain. They have many games they were right in there with decent teams.

Agree about the freshmen at Fern Creek. In Jefferson County you just do not see (3) all starting on the same team and being double figure scorers. The PG on the team, Anthony Wales, had a stat line of 20 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, and a spectacular block with a single turnover. Many talk about the best freshmen in the state being held back making them 16 years old, but the PG is only 14 and the other two are 15 so nobody has been held back either. I would agree that this team could be talked about for a long time if they add a piece or two, specifically a dominating post player in the future.

Johnson finished with 21 pts 8 Rbs and 5 assists. Creek did a great job on him defensively but I liked how Johnson found the open man when he was double teamed.

JTown also got a big contribution from Dennis (cant remember his 1st name). Johnson was held to just 5 pts in the 1st half but Dennis stepped up with 12 1st half pts.

Wow what can you say about those freshmen for FC. All 3 are going to special. Most importantly they have a coach in Schooler that will support them on and off the court.

What!? No whining and moaning about the refereeing? What a refreshing change of pace on BGP! My hats off to the posters in this thread. How can you expect kids to be accountable when the parents/fans are always griping about the refs and making excuses? It gets quite tiresome to be brutally honest about it.