Bishop Brossart 50 Robertson County 44 (10th Region All "A" semis)

TAC

Nice win for the Lady Stangs. I for one was wondering how this one was going to end. Robertson was up 14-2 after one. Then by the half Brossart had hoofed their way back into it trailing 22-17. After tieing the game mid third quarter it was back and forth and by the end of three it was all knotted at 32. The forth started out back and forth until fouls started to creep in on the Lady Devils forcing free throws durin the last 90 seconds. Which if memory serves Brossart went 6-6 in the final minute.

Seemed as if RC ran outta gas their at the end. They were having a lot of success in the first half utilizing their press and forcing turnovers their half court man to man was also paying dividends early. In the second half they didn't press as much and played some zone. Most likely the product of tiredness setting in. They played a very good game for 3 1/2 quarters. The last 4 minutes was where Brossart won the game. Honestly the Lady Stangs did not look like they were playing their best basketball in the first half. Coach made the appropriate adjustment at halftime.

With the win Brossart punches it's ticket into Saturday's final and an oppertunity to go to Frankfort to compete in the All A state tournament.

On a personal note I finally had the oppertunity to meet TAC. Great guy wish we could have chatted longer but he had other commitments at the game and I was in the snack line :lol2:

The scoreboard was very unfair to the Lady Devils who competed every second of this one until the very final ticks.

The homestanding Lady Devils out-played the Brossart girls to a 12-4 first quarter lead. Brossart battled back on the merits of three Abby King trifectas to cut the Robertson County lead to 22-17 at the half. The two teams battled to a 32-32 tie after three periods and were tied at 42-42 at the 1:15 mark of the fourth quarter.

My hat is off to Coach Brandon Hinson and his team. They had the tournament favorites on the ropes and were just a knockout punch away from pulling the upset. Kalea Saner is the real deal. The junior led all scorers with 26 points. Brossart's Emily Schultz led the Lady Stangs with 20.

Despite their 9-3 record, I discounted the Lady Devils coming into this one, based on strength of schedule. They made a believer out of me quickly. They are a nice ball team and can play!!!

The Lady Stangs will sit back and watch Augusta and Bracken COunty duke it out in the lower bracket semi-finals on Thursday night to determine which team will challege BRossart for the 10th REgion "A" Title on Saturday night.