Estill County 41 Owsley County 34

Ref's were just horrible.

Owsley County tips the ball, goes out of bounds, they give the ball back to Owsley.....Owsley player shoots a three, the ball gets stuck between the rim and backboard, suppose to go to the other team, the ref gives the ball back to Owsley. Estill's Michael Bishop does a 360 in mid air, gets hit, the ball gets banked in, instead of it being an and1, they first decide it should be out of bounds then they decide to give Bishop two foul shots...Not taking anything away from the Owls because they are very much capable of winning this district but the ref's weren't the best tonight...

First quarter was all Owsley County. Owls jumped up to a 4-0 lead before Estill answered, which was a 3 by Jones. 2nd Quarter and part of the 3rd was pretty much Estill, which Owsley making runs here and there.

Owsley won't have any home games throughout January due to water damage on the gym floor. They're having a new floor installed. That means some games will need to be flip flopped from home to away and others will have to be moved to February. I suppose Estill and Lee will be two of the home games that will have to be moved to February.

Owsley won't have any home games throughout January due to water damage on the gym floor. They're having a new floor installed. That means some games will need to be flip flopped from home to away and others will have to be moved to February. I suppose Estill and Lee will be two of the home games that will have to be moved to February.

More than likely. I seen the damage on twitter.

Might be the reason why Estill County picked up Russell for this Friday.

[TABLE=width: 550]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]1/9/2015[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #F2F5F9]

[TD=colspan: 2]Estill Co. 41[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Owsley Co. 34[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Owsley Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]6[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]6[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]10[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]34[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Estill Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]5[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]11[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]13[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]41[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Owsley Co. (3-12) -- C. Combs 6, Lynch 4, B. Combs 6, Pullins 7, Campbell 5, Hoskins 6.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Estill Co. (8-7) -- Jones 13, Bishop 10, Bonny 16, Miller 2, Click.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Did Frank Gay not play for Owsley? I don't see his name in the scoring. He's one of the taller players on the team and important for defense for sure, but also scoring and rebounding. Maybe he played and just didn't score.

What # is he? No #'s are listed on the roster on KHSAA.

They may leave the Estill game for January 30th instead of moving it if Owsley has their floor done in time. Will it be the same as it was or will it be a new design?

I just checked with someone at the game and they said Gay played but didn't score or play very well.

About the new floor, it's my understanding that it will take around 3 weeks to complete, so with the Estill game scheduled for Jan 30 it will be close. There's a possibility they will be able to play it on schedule. I'm not sure about the design of the new floor but I know if I was making the decisions I would want to change things up a bit and give it a new look. ....of course with plenty of maroon, the prettiest color in the world, lol.

It was a packed house last night from what I could see. Two weeks from now, I'd say it will be even more packed when Powell County comes to Estill County.

Owsley has a solid team, very much capable of winning the district, especially with it being in Booneville

It's always good for the Owls when the district tournament is at Owsley. We turn the heat down in the our opponent's dressing room and it takes them until the second quarter to get their hands warm and by that time Owsley has a big lead.

Lol.