Newport Central Catholic 58 Cooper 52

Very nice showing by the Breds in their home opener. The pace of this game was crazy has Breds implemented a full court press the entire game and came up with many steals. These girls are built to play at this pace considering the starting 5, Martin, Ware, Schalk, Davenport, & Ware all started on the soccer team, plus 3 others so they will not get tired.

I was very impressed with all the assist tonight, and there were some beauties! Fr. Olivia Schalk with 3 to So. Meg Martin, including back to back "dimes" under the basket that were just sweet.

Ansley Davenport was super in all aspects of the game, whether passing, scoring, defense....:ylsuper:

Michaela Ware did an outstanding job running the point and was all over on defense.

Loren Zimmerman with her usual hard all-around play, definitely gives it her all.

Sarah Neace draining two from long distance, don't leave her open!!!!

Breds AWESOME from the charity stripe, 13/14!!!!:ylsuper:

On the Cooper side of things, Fr. Lexi Held, So. Hailey Anderson, & Sr. Kinley Zingsheim were outstanding. This team is going to be really good in the future with the young talent they have, if tonight is any indication.

For more see the update thread......http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-girls-basketball/newport-central-catholic-292676.html

I really like watching Cooper's Lexi Held. Very talented Freshman that is only going to continue to develop and get stronger. Congrats to both teams as you move forward into your season.

1st time seeing this young lady play.....WOW!!! She didn't play like a frosh last night.

Held, Anderson and Mitchell all freshman? Without first names, not sure if I have the right kids. And which Tharp is that?

Lexi Held, Asyah Mitchell are frosh. Hailey Anderson is a Sophmore. Hayliegh Tharp is a Junior, her younger sister Hannah went to Boone. Zeingshiem is the only Senior starter.