Any new coaches in the 16th region next year

Elliott County has had some stability, Monica Adkins coached for quite some time. She had one winning season in somewhere around 5 years. She moved on, and Coach Austin took the job. He is from Russellville, and he came to Elliott County to help with the ROTC program. His family is still in Russellville and he has spent very little time with them. So he is moving back. He did a great job with these girls. He put alot of time into it, and was committed to make these girls better. I feel he has done what he sat out to do, and that is make the girls better. But now, Elliott County needs a young coach that can build on what Coach Austin has left. Elliott County is going to have the best team they have ever had these next three years, and they need someone who is going to make them listen.

• 1 month later...
I heard Mark Cantrell is the new coach at Elliott Co. He was the former assistant coach at both Rose Hill and Lawrence Co. Look for some excitement in the Class "A" with this one...

Reportedly, Mark has taken the top spot and will have Joe Romer as his assistant. Joe spent two seasons as the head coach of the Rose Hill Lady Royals.

Reportedly, Mark has taken the top spot and will have Joe Romer as his assistant. Joe spent two seasons as the head coach of the Rose Hill Lady Royals.

This is true. I talked recently with former coach Monica Adkins and she said Mark and Joe will be on the bench next season at Elliott.

Also, Morgan Co will be looking for a new coach.