Perry County Central 104 Wayne County 91 (Scrimmage)

First

Sounds like Beverly had his way. Finished with 43.

Surprised me since PCC is not supposed to be top 20 this year. Wayne, on the other hand, is top 5 to 10. I know it's was "just a scrimmage," but... And I know it's early in the season but that should be to Wayne's advantage against just about any team. Their guys have played together for 10 years.

Wayne County is very over rated. They are a system team and are not athletic at all. I thought perry was better at every position on the floor other than 1. And perry's bench was 10 to 1 better. If Wayne County is the 6th best team in the state then the state is worst I've ever seen. I'm sure Wayne will put up another impressive record because they don't lose at home. But I just can't see them beat any team that is athletic. I think they are in the 20-25 range and that perry should be in the 12-18 range.

Truth99 - did you get a chance to watch this game in particular? I'm just curious as to whether you're basing that on watching them this year or just having seeing them play perhaps even at the state tournament the last couple of years?

I do agree that Wayne County is a system based team. No question. And the problem they run into is that they try to run and gun and outscore the opposition, but when they're playing against an athletic team, that's not going to always turn out in their favor.

I said previously in another thread that Wayne County may have more trouble in their own region this year than they have in years past. I said that based on the fact that there are at least 2-3 teams in the 12th this year that are more athletic than what they have seen in the 12th the past 2 years. At the end of the day, it's always about match-ups.

Yes I watched every second of this game as well as several of there games last year. They are slow and play no defense. Tolbert was a man among boys yesterday and Beverly looked like he was 2-3 steps ahead of everyone Wayne County had. Like I said they will win every home game and have an impressive record but there is no way this is a top 20 team.