Texas Race

uk#1fan

Here's the the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/hamlin-says-he-isn-t-sure-if-he-would-have-made-move-keselowski-did-at-texas-215127559.html;_ylt=A0LEV1wl0VpUyV4AiBNx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTE0bWd0MnE1BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA01PVVMyMzdfMQ--

Here's Hamlin's quote:

"I don't know. I think about that a lot and whether I would or would not," Hamlin said on a conference call Tuesday. "[Keselowski] was on fresher tires. So saying that that was his only opportunity to get the win may not necessarily be a true statement. He still had two laps to get around.And if you push [Johnson] there past [Gordon], it was a battle between him and the [Johnson]. I don't know. You know, it's tough for me to say. And his points position, his actual position, I didn't have the tires he had. So everyone has a different way of doing things"

"But I think a common feel amongst drivers is that what they call that, people are calling that a hole that that was a very small hole. And the car is call it six and a half, seven foot wide, that hole was six foot. It was not enough that a car was going to fit without being in contact. Somebody was going to have to pay the price. It was Jeff Gordon. And it made him have a bad day."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the same article

I'm assuming this is your article.

Hamlin: Most drivers don't respect Keselowski - Houston Chronicle

This is typical Jenna Fryer. This was not a quote. This was Fryer putting things in her own words. The exact quote is listed above and can be found in multiple sources.

Hamlin said the consensus among his peers was Keselowski didn't have enough space to attempt a pass of Gordon in the closing laps of Sunday's race. Keselowski's bid to squeeze his car through a gap between Gordon and Jimmie Johnson after a restart led to contact between Gordon and Keselowski, which triggered a post-race fight that left both drivers slightly bloodied.

Fryer's dislike of Keselowski is pretty well known. She's written more than one negative article about him.

T

I'm assuming this is your article.

Hamlin: Most drivers don't respect Keselowski - Houston Chronicle

This is typical Jenna Fryer. This was not a quote. This was Fryer putting things in her own words. The exact quote is listed above and can be found in multiple sources.

Fryer's dislike of Keselowski is pretty well known. She's written more than one negative article about him.

That's the one.