Newport 65 Lloyd 52

Newport cannot play with NDA. Sneed will get her typical numbers, but she doesn't have enough help in a game like this to have a chance at an upset. The one area that will hurt NDA is her slashing down the middle. The 5th region ref's will not let anything go regardless of defensive position. If this happens again Sneed will live on the foul line and the NDA post players will be frustrated as they were last night. I heard the 5th region ref's allow a much more physical game and from what I have witnessed so far it has been less than stellar and definitely not physical. Several calls (both ways) last night were made without any contact at all and they seemed to just "assume" there would be. The game just cannot get into a flow with whistle happy refs. There have been no close games yet where calls were a factor. Let's just hope the remaining games are determined by the play on the floor because the next couple of games should be right down to the wire.

I don't think it will come down to Sneed. It will come down to Newport's role players, and when Sneed slashes, and PRice is on with her 3s, they might hang. This team has turned it around, and they deserve as much recognition as anyone. Congrats to the Lady Cats, and you're right InDaZone, let them play and determine the outcome on the court, not with the stripes. I can't wait to see Monday's games.

I don't think it will come down to Sneed. It will come down to Newport's role players, and when Sneed slashes, and PRice is on with her 3s, they might hang. This team has turned it around, and they deserve as much recognition as anyone. Congrats to the Lady Cats, and you're right InDaZone, let them play and determine the outcome on the court, not with the stripes. I can't wait to see Monday's games.

I agree with you HD. Sneed is not the person who if Newport does beat NDA will be the one to do it as Sneed will get hers, but I worry about Price, she plays off Sneed wonderfully. The biggest difference between the two teams is after Sneed and Price the Lady Wildcats drop off big time and I really don't think Newport has played a team with as much depth as NDA, or as big and physical or plays the type of "D" that NDA does.

I also wonder about the "T" the young lady from Newport took in the second half against Lloyd. When I saw her get the "T" the first thing that came to my mind was the Dixed/Holmes games which Holmes was leading but lost after the "T". You just can't lose your cool in these big games it will come back to bite you in the butt.....

BTW the first game Monday night should be the best one of the night.....It will be a great match up......

Agreed. The Girl didn't receive a "T" (easily could have). She thought it was a bad call and was coming out of the game and when the Lloyd student section got on her she lost it. I also agree that it can certainly come back to bite you during a crucial time.