Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regional Tourney Dates

Featured Replies

Are the dates and locations for Regionals posted anywhere? I'll assume District games are played the week prior. If not any idea when they are to be posted.

Are the dates and locations for Regionals posted anywhere? I'll assume District games are played the week prior. If not any idea when they are to be posted.

 

Are you talking about the JV Regional coming up? If so it starts tonight. Carroll vs Pendleton 7:00, St. Henry vs Cov 7:00, Brossart vs NCC 8:30, and Holy Cross vs Highlands 8:30. Games to resume the following weekend of 10/3-10/4.

Are the dates and locations for Regionals posted anywhere? I'll assume District games are played the week prior. If not any idea when they are to be posted.

 

However, if you're talking about Varsity... those are not decided until after the districts are finalized and the hosting team for each region are determined. Districts will start the week of 10/13. Sometime during that week into the weekend the teams will find out who they play and where for regionals.

Are you talking about the JV Regional coming up? If so it starts tonight. Carroll vs Pendleton 7:00, St. Henry vs Cov 7:00, Brossart vs NCC 8:30, and Holy Cross vs Highlands 8:30. Games to resume the following weekend of 10/3-10/4.

 

Are these games being played on the outdoor fields at Town & Country in Wilder? I never understood why the JV regional tournament should be played on fields that are half the size they have been playing on all year. Doesn't seem right. It completely changes the way you have to play.

Are these games being played on the outdoor fields at Town & Country in Wilder? I never understood why the JV regional tournament should be played on fields that are half the size they have been playing on all year. Doesn't seem right. It completely changes the way you have to play.

 

Yes, the outdoor turf fields. Where else would you suggest playing the games where 2 can be played at once? Each year it's around 20 games... you can't play Sundays, and you can only get 4 in on Fridays.

Fields too small and boys are all jacked up because its JV Regionals... The two teams that play in the finals will play 4 games in just over 24 hours. Quality of play in finals is more reflective of which team weathers the physical beating better. Makes 4 games over a weekend tournament in Club soccer look almost reasonable. Its a formula for getting kids hurt.

 

Other than that... its a great idea.

Fields too small and boys are all jacked up because its JV Regionals... The two teams that play in the finals will play 4 games in just over 24 hours. Quality of play in finals is more reflective of which team weathers the physical beating better. Makes 4 games over a weekend tournament in Club soccer look almost reasonable. Its a formula for getting kids hurt.

 

Other than that... its a great idea.

 

It's spread out through 2 weekends. Max games in one day is 3 on Saturday. 4 total between the 3rd and 4th.

Yes, the outdoor turf fields. Where else would you suggest playing the games where 2 can be played at once? Each year it's around 20 games... you can't play Sundays, and you can only get 4 in on Fridays.

 

same places they've been playing all season. Each home game at Boone there are three games played--Frosh, JV, and varsity.

 

For the JV regional tourney have various high schools host other schools for the night and play three games on tuesday. Three games on Thursday, and games on Saturday. So Boone could host three matches of teams from Campbell and Kenton County, while Highlands host three games between teams from elsewhere. In other words, no team plays on home field. Use as many high schools as necessary to get the # of games in. Only use fields that are full size.

 

I know it would take commitment by the schools and their athletic departments to accomplish but it could be done just like there are games every Tuesday and Thursday and most Saturdays now.

 

I am sure this would pose many logistical problems I haven't considered, but I doubt they are insurmountable. It seems to me that this is a better solution than playing on half a field which really does change the nature of the game. Just a thought.

Oldgrappler, I agree that these fields are too small, but they are not half the size of what they normally play on... most of the high school fields are also too small for soccer. I think if you actually measure them you will find out that they are not much smaller than Boone, Conner, Cooper and even CCH to name a few... I believe that they are not quite as long but might measure a little wider than some of the HS fields in our area.

Oldgrappler, I agree that these fields are too small, but they are not half the size of what they normally play on... most of the high school fields are also too small for soccer. I think if you actually measure them you will find out that they are not much smaller than Boone, Conner, Cooper and even CCH to name a few... I believe that they are not quite as long but might measure a little wider than some of the HS fields in our area.

 

... T&C fields are 58-59 yards wide102-104 yards long... shorter than every HS field, wider than Cooper.

Thanks for the actual dimensions Sir. With the T&C fields being in the 58-59 yard range it actually makes them wider than quite a few of the high school fields that are multi-purpose. Most of these fields only have the soccer field a couple yards wider than the actual football field, which I think is something like 53 yards.

Biggest concern with JV Regional is the teams in the finals playing Friday night and then three games Saturday... that's just nuts. JV Regional this year has 11 teams from Region 9 and 9 teams from Region 8 and 10 combined. You could drop the third game Saturday by making it two tournaments... Region 9 and Region 8/10. Or have an upper and lower flight and mix up the Regions.

I agree!!! No way should they be playing 3 in one day, or 4 matches in roughly a 24 hour period. Club tournaments limit you to 2 in a day and in the higher level leagues (MRL/NL) it is normally limited to 1 per day.

 

I like the idea that oldgrappler was onto... Play some matches during the week, at multiple sites until you have 8 teams left, they could then have the finals at T&C. This would be 4 matches on Fri, 2 early in the day on Sat, and the finals that evening.

same places they've been playing all season. Each home game at Boone there are three games played--Frosh, JV, and varsity.

 

For the JV regional tourney have various high schools host other schools for the night and play three games on tuesday. Three games on Thursday, and games on Saturday. So Boone could host three matches of teams from Campbell and Kenton County, while Highlands host three games between teams from elsewhere. In other words, no team plays on home field. Use as many high schools as necessary to get the # of games in. Only use fields that are full size.

 

I know it would take commitment by the schools and their athletic departments to accomplish but it could be done just like there are games every Tuesday and Thursday and most Saturdays now.

 

I am sure this would pose many logistical problems I haven't considered, but I doubt they are insurmountable. It seems to me that this is a better solution than playing on half a field which really does change the nature of the game. Just a thought.

 

Not a bad idea. Logistics definitely a problem. Especially with weekend sports (football) and finding open date ranges for everyone to commit to. Like the thought.

I agree!!! No way should they be playing 3 in one day, or 4 matches in roughly a 24 hour period. Club tournaments limit you to 2 in a day and in the higher level leagues (MRL/NL) it is normally limited to 1 per day.

 

I like the idea that oldgrappler was onto... Play some matches during the week, at multiple sites until you have 8 teams left, they could then have the finals at T&C. This would be 4 matches on Fri, 2 early in the day on Sat, and the finals that evening.

 

Either no JV tournament or get over it. Alright... I do get it. It's tough on the boys, but a lot of them do look forward to it regardless of the number of games. I want to say the finals used to be on Sundays, but something was said or a school board made a stance and no more games on Sunday.

 

I do disagree with the grouping of Regions. The beauty of both the Freshman and JV tournament is that it's a random draw to where anything can happen... adding to the excitement.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.