Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Coach Hammond Step Down At Sheldon Clark ?

Featured Replies

After only having one winning season at Sheldon Clark should JR Hammonds hang up his red boots ? I say yes he should. He has had alot of talent and could not make it past the first round of the Districts!! I know all the games he lost were not his fault,but when you're the head coach the buck stops with you. I was just wondering what everyone else thought ?

After only having one winning season at Sheldon Clark should JR Hammonds hang up his red boots ? I say yes he should. He has had alot of talent and could not make it past the first round of the Districts!! I know all the games he lost were not his fault,but when you're the head coach the buck stops with you. I was just wondering what everyone else thought ?

 

He has had 2 winning seasons at SC.

 

2001-2002: 13-11

2003-2004: 19-10

 

I would get my facts straight before I started a thread like this. But that is just me.

 

And no I don't think he should hang them up. Every team in the region was up and down this year. Can't blame him alone for the set backs.

  • Author
He has had 2 winning seasons at SC.

 

2001-2002: 13-11

2003-2004: 19-10

 

I would get my facts straight before I started a thread like this. But that is just me.

 

And no I don't think he should hang them up. Every team in the region was up and down this year. Can't blame him alone for the set backs.

 

 

Ok I missed that very good season in 2001-2002 when he finished 13-11!! My apologies for that,but the big picture looks like this. His over all record is 62-93 and he has not made any improvement whatsoever IMO.I'm just stating that if this were to take place at any other school the coach would be lookiing for a spot elsewhere! I don't understand how you can say that he should not take most of the blame since he is the coach.I mean maybe one season you could understand him having set backs and everything not going the way it was suppose too.He has had some awesome talent and could not do anything with it.I believe they need to get someone in SC that can develop the talent they have here and knows a little more about basketball. I think this year really proves my point. He had B. May one of the best shooters ever and Jaryd Crum who is one of the best pg in this area.He also had a decent bench with some good assistant coaches.They went to JC and had a 15 pt. lead at halftime and in the third period JC went on a 21-3 run before time out was called by Jayrd Crum. He was tied up in a half court trap and The assistant coach had to get on the refs about bad calls and draw up plays for the team not to mention trying to have SC's players keep their composure during this crisis!! Coach Hammond simply crawled back into his shell like a turtle and did nothing,but become a spectator of the game. Jc went on to beat us out of the first round of the 57th District tourney. The previous year which was 2004-2005 he had a record of 6-19 and got put out in the first round by the Tigers. If you call that a good coach then you deserve what you get when it comes to winning and promoting a solid athletic dept. over here.While I'm at it I will give you his record for the 2002-2003 season which was 5-21 and his 2000-2001 record which was 9-16.Now that I got my facts straight does that 13-11 season in 2001-2002 still look so good? :rolleyes:

wouldn't last two years on the ymca over 60 league with records like that. Past time to go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.