Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 44 Lexington Catholic 0 (JV)

Featured Replies

Would love if someone could give updates for this game. I would go but I'll be at the UK game today.

Blowout, maybe coach saw Scott County game on schedule and scheduled a soft Saturday opponent?

Would love if someone could give updates for this game. I would go but I'll be at the UK game today.

 

Ryle jv won 44-0. was 36-0 at half and a running clock in the second half. Ryle has a very impressive jv squad and from what I hear lots of talent on the way in the middle school and freshmen level. Undermanned Nights fought hard it wasn't there day.

Ryle Jv looked good QB made throws varsity couldn't make. Jake Long at RB was fun to watch he should be getting Friday night touches.

Ryle jv won 44-0. was 36-0 at half and a running clock in the second half. Ryle has a very impressive jv squad and from what I hear lots of talent on the way in the middle school and freshmen level. Undermanned Nights fought hard it wasn't there day.

That is always the story in Union.

That is always the story in Union.

I was going to say the same thing. How many years have we heard how great the 7th-8th grade Ryle teams were? How many years have we heard how great the Freshman teams were and how much talent they had and how that would make the varsity incredible?

 

Those great freshman teams have already graduated, we are smack in the middle of all those great teams they have had year after year leading up to their varsity team yet they still can't win.

 

I don't have an answer for it, but I do know that great feeder programs or great freshman or JV teams does not translate into great Varsity teams every time.

I was going to say the same thing. How many years have we heard how great the 7th-8th grade Ryle teams were? How many years have we heard how great the Freshman teams were and how much talent they had and how that would make the varsity incredible?

 

Those great freshman teams have already graduated, we are smack in the middle of all those great teams they have had year after year leading up to their varsity team yet they still can't win.

 

I don't have an answer for it, but I do know that great feeder programs or great freshman or JV teams does not translate into great Varsity teams every time.

 

Too many kids playing both ways IMO. Whether that's changing with the new regime. I don't know. I do know the past few Frosh teams (who have undoubtedly been fantastic) had @ 9 out of 11 starters playing both ways. That practice does two things:

1) Its hard to sustain at the 6A level so it's success is usually short term.

2) It can discourage the 2nd and 3rd team kids from participating in subsequent years. Kids you would need if developed.

Really throws that can't be made on Friday nights. Same kid on Saturday morning has had more than 1 opportunity to play on Fridays? Friday and Saturday has nothing comparable, game speed - physicality. We've been hearing about these freshman phenoms for years. Where are the standouts. I truly hope these 2 boys do step up and play on Friday night, we could use an offensive spark for sure.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.