Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 3 Scott 1

Featured Replies

Anyone have any details on this one?

Ryle's top player, S/OH Ashley Bush, still out with injury. With Scott taking a set off of the raiders, I think we can see how vulnerable Ryle is w/o A. Bush. We'll see how they play in the Bluegrass Invitational this weekend. Could possibly see a 33rd district matchup with Cooper. That would be a game to see.

Hats off to the Lady Raiders. Make no doubt about it folks these girls can really hammer the ball.

 

After watching my Lady Eagles play both NDA and Ryle I can with confidence say it is Ryle's to lose. That said after spotting Ryle 8 pts. In the first game the Lady Eagles battled the Lady Raiders point for point taking game 2, coming from behind in game 3 to take the lead only to let it slip at the end. Game 4 Scott jumped out to a 16 - 8 lead only to open the door back up on a few back to back serve/receive errors which Ryle took full advantage. All in all it was a great match to watch and I look for both these teams to have great seasons.

After watching my Lady Eagles play both NDA and Ryle I can with confidence say it is Ryle's to lose. That said after spotting Ryle 8 pts. In the first game the Lady Eagles battled the Lady Raiders point for point taking game 2, coming from behind in game 3 to take the lead only to let it slip at the end. Game 4 Scott jumped out to a 16 - 8 lead only to open the door back up on a few back to back serve/receive errors which Ryle took full advantage.

 

Are you saying if Ryle didn't have their injured player they would have swept Scott defeating them even worse than NDA did? Didn't NDA sweep Scott 25-18, 25-8, 25-16, with Scott never having the lead?

Are you saying if Ryle didn't have their injured player they would have swept Scott defeating them even worse than NDA did? Didn't NDA sweep Scott 25-18, 25-8, 25-16, with Scott never having the lead?

 

Now glyde, not sure why you felt the need to be insulting. While to the inattentive it may seem that NDA would be the better team based purely on scores. However, having been at both games and and knowing how Scott played against each team I can say that had the Lady Eagles played NDA the way they played Ryle the outcome may have been different.

 

As far as the injured player goes I am sure she is a top notch player and will strengthen an already strong team when she returns.

 

glyde, on a different note I am sure the parents of the young lady who has stepped up to fill the shoes of the injured player our very proud of her and might be a little tired of hearing how much better Ryle will be when the injured player returns. I mention this cause I have read on here several times about how much more successful Ryle will be upon her return. Unfortunately it is always written in the context that her replacement is to blame for Ryle losing or not being as successful.

Now glyde, not sure why you felt the need to be insulting. While to the inattentive it may seem that NDA would be the better team based purely on scores. However, having been at both games and and knowing how Scott played against each team I can say that had the Lady Eagles played NDA the way they played Ryle the outcome may have been different.

 

As far as the injured player goes I am sure she is a top notch player and will strengthen an already strong team when she returns.

 

glyde, on a different note I am sure the parents of the young lady who has stepped up to fill the shoes of the injured player our very proud of her and might be a little tired of hearing how much better Ryle will be when the injured player returns. I mention this cause I have read on here several times about how much more successful Ryle will be upon her return. Unfortunately it is always written in the context that her replacement is to blame for Ryle losing or not being as successful.

 

The player who replaced A Bush is actually playing out of her regular position. She is a DS playing setter so I am sure she will be more than happy to go back to her regular position when A. Bush returns.

 

A Bush is not just any player. She was recently named in the top 75 Seniors in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. She is an impact player not only skill wise but leadership wise as well. She will go on to her career at Northwestern University where she is expected to make significant contributions as a freshman. She is part of an NKYVC team that has consistently posted the highest ever national finishes in the Open division for any team ever in NKy history. She is not just 'any' player. I don't know the parents of her 'replacement' but I do know that the Ryle parents that I have talked to are more than eager for her return. Anyone that values team and team goals over individual playing time would agree.

 

It is no diss on the other players on the team but a player like A Bush comes along only every so often, and she is the only one to ever come through at Ryle. Her sister is slated to be even better than her but her time will come after A. Bush is gone.

 

I am just sick of everyone acting like the Ryle team they have seen is the Ryle team that shows up to Districts and Region. They will look enormously different as will NDA - the difference for NDA will not necessarily be in personnel, (I don't think the new coach has the guts to face the parents if he makes the changes he needs to make, he seems content to play the status quo and not rock the boat and upset the powers that be - parents) but more in composure and player development. I have already seen huge changes in some players in the matches I have watched.

 

It will be an interesting 9th Region. I don't care if Ryle or NDA wins because I know the work those girls do and the high level at which they play club and I want that hard work to pay off. And before you all say that 'all the players play club...blah blah blah...' please don't waste your time. NKYVC is the best training, most rigorous and only club in NKy that produces National results. The majority of Ryle and NDA play for NKYVC.

 

Either team would represent the 9th Region with pride and give a good showing to the rest of the State at the State Tournament.

Are you saying if Ryle didn't have their injured player they would have swept Scott defeating them even worse than NDA did? Didn't NDA sweep Scott 25-18, 25-8, 25-16, with Scott never having the lead?

 

Yes, Glyde, they did...but just like on the Cooper/St. Henry thread when Cooper didn't win a set, somehow that is a 'moral victory' because they 'almost' did.

 

Take nothing away from Scott. They are much improved and I was very impressed with both Jessica Tapp and the Freshman Kelly Franxman and they were without their head coach when NDA played them (maternity leave). But it was NDA first game. Almost an entirely new lineup, new coach, etc. NDA has improved tremendously since then with Abby Thelen, Madison Salkowski and Hanna Knaley nearly matching Morgan Hentz in kills. The Hentz hitting show at NDA is more varied now. I still think there is a better NDA line up with the personnel he has but, the 9th Region Tournament NDA team and Ryle team will both be much different than what has been on the court in this early season.

123

Edited by Dozer61
delete duplicate posting

IMO the moral victory is not whether you took a set, or almost took a set or just came up short of winning the match. To me the moral victory is knowing you took everything the opponent had and still kept fighting. Win or lose.

IMO the moral victory is not whether you took a set, or almost took a set or just came up short of winning the match. To me the moral victory is knowing you took everything the opponent had and still kept fighting. Win or lose.

 

And I would agree with you 100% if the same people who were claiming they "won" when they actually got killed weren't the same people who were taking smack before the game how it was going to be "close" or the team that got killed was going to win the match etc.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.