LEX-LOU again in 2014 on the boys side?

Sir!

I don't think the number of goals by one player will determine the success of CCH this year. The key is to score enough in each game to win. Obviously CCH didn't do that last year when it counted, however, let's compare two teams. One had no player score more than 10 goals. The other had players that scored 30, 18 and 9. Which team would you say had the better year?

The former finished 10-2-1 against northern Kentucky teams. The later finished 6-9-1 with most of the wins against decidedly weak opponents. While the second team had some impressive individual statistics, 57 combined goals, 28 were against 4 teams. So, having bountiful scorers for the season is neither necessary nor sufficient to win.

CCH had balanced scoring last year, and I expect the same this year. Last year they had 14 players score with their top 5 averaging 9 goals per game. That said, I think they need to score more than last year, but goals should come from a number of spots on the field. Only 8 goals from their starting striker last year will have to improve. Plus I think Ballow, Day, and Kenney will increase their scoring from last year. Look for a lot more than 1 from Schuh as well.

These stats are from the KHSAA website. I make no claim to their accuracy.

I say that CCH needs someone to put 15-20 in the goal because I think that shows they have someone finishing consistently up top. If opposing teams have to focus on someone like that it will open up play for some of the others. I agree that scoring will come from quite a few players hopefully but most good teams have a consistent scorer (or two) up top and with the quality CCH has in midfield, I think there will be a lot of opportunities presented.

I say that CCH needs someone to put 15-20 in the goal because I think that shows they have someone finishing consistently up top. If opposing teams have to focus on someone like that it will open up play for some of the others. I agree that scoring will come from quite a few players hopefully but most good teams have a consistent scorer (or two) up top and with the quality CCH has in midfield, I think there will be a lot of opportunities presented.

I hate to shock the world, but, thank you Groinpull. This is what I was trying to say. I'm not trying to belittle any player on Cov Cath.

Wouldn't one need to know what games the 20 goals were scored in to fully understand the relative weighting? Without that information how can one debate whether 20 will be enough? Because everyone knows - all goals are not created equal. :banana:

According to OTB84, you are correct... I think he said that one against CCH is equal to one against Germany. :idunno:

In all seriousness, it is usually more important as to "when" you score, not "how much" you score.

I would think that they are hoping that Hildreth can fill this role up top.

I believe that he was not part of the team last season, injury/transfer, is this correct?

I would think that they are hoping that Hildreth can fill this role up top.

I believe that he was not part of the team last season, injury/transfer, is this correct?

That is correct. Transfer from Brossart last year and was injured. I'd be surprised if he scores 10 goals to tell you the truth but I hope I'm wrong. I'd have him defending.

Finally we are witnessing the evolution of some .......as you are finally agreeing with my points

Seriously though, you can save yourself a lot of time and energy by just agreeing with me from the beginning

Sorry to disagree with you, but I looked back through this thread and I can't see one post that is agreeing with anything you said.

Edited by Offsides