August 16, 201412 yr I love how you agree with me but write a book disagreeing with me. Great stuff. How am I agreeing with you? I even say that his arm is not as bad as you have always made it out to be. You have made such a big deal about his arm the last 4 years, that if his arm was truly as bad as you claim then he probably would be not only not starting maybe out of the league. He has shown that his arm is actually stronger than what you have claimed. His arm and numbers have gotten better each year to the point to where the Bengals are a top 10 offense now. You try to claim that his arm is the reason for his struggles in big games, and it really is not. Its mental with not being able to handle the big moments so far in his career. I would love of it if he had a huge arm, but at the same time his arm is not as weak as you have always said and is definitely good enough. Its all mental now and overcoming that in big games.
August 16, 201412 yr Actually Dalton doesn't have a super bad batted passes rating. In 2012 (that's the latest I could find) He had 14 passes batted at the line, Weeden, Luck, Tannehill and another had more. They are all taller than Andy. He actually is in the range of Brees and Big Ben He really doesn't rank poorly in any category except when under pressure where he is only better than 9 others and interceptions. His deep passing % and accuracy, believe it or not is in he Top Ten. His biggest strength is getting rid of the ball quickly, which is #1 in the NFL. The O=line averages 2.62 seconds per attempt in holding off pressure and he averages 2.40 in releasing the ball. People can criticize him for many things, but not his stats overall. He is consistently ranked 15 or 16 in overall stats. This hasn't brought a playoff win, however, and I know that is really the biggest hurdle he must overcome. Agreed! His pocket presence could be better though and finding those throwing lanes. However overall his height hasn't been much of a problem, his arm hasn't been much of a problem. It really comes down to mentally in big games. I think in the beginning mentally he was not prepared for the big games. Now I think mentally he tries to darn hard in the big games because he knows he sucked early in his career. He needs to find away to relax and just go play like he does against teams that are not labeled as big games.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.