Derek Smith Shootout

Looking at the schedule, this event really seems to have lost some luster. I don't see Ballard, Trinity or several other teams that are normally in it. Where are they all playing??? It has always been one of the larger summer events in Ky. Enlighten me please. Thanks in advance.

Looking at the schedule, this event really seems to have lost some luster. I don't see Ballard, Trinity or several other teams that are normally in it. Where are they all playing??? It has always been one of the larger summer events in Ky. Enlighten me please. Thanks in advance.

Butler High School has something going on this weekend. I know Jtown, Eastern, PRP, Butler are playing in. Looking at the Derek Smith Shootout schedule, Doss, Manual, or Waggner should win it all...

Butler High School has something going on this weekend. I know Jtown, Eastern, PRP, Butler are playing in. Looking at the Derek Smith Shootout schedule, Doss, Manual, or Waggner should win it all...

Going back a couple of years I know they have kind of nickel and dimmed the fans and parents to get in, $7- $10 a person for a game. No water on the bench for the players in pass years. Making the players parents have to spend more money. It does not seem like a lot but if you are going for three days to watch your son play your spending $60-$100 for the weekend. Other places charge $2 to get in, and you’re playing the same teams from around the area with few exceptions. I also think with the expansion of summer leagues throughout June teams just are not entering this tournament.

I think Bullitt East, Trinity, Desales, and Ballard are at Butler this weekend too. That'll be the place to watch games.

Guest 11th insider

If I'm not mistaken catholic beat Doss and Manual last year and have everyone back. I think they are in the Derek smith shoutout as well!

If I'm not mistaken catholic beat Doss and Manual last year and have everyone back. I think they are in the Derek smith shoutout as well!

LexCath did have some quality wins last season beating Doss, Manual, Lafayette (twice), Boyle County, Lincoln County and Knott County Central. They did lose Dence who was their big rebounder. They may struggle with teams with a big inside presence but Tanner and Jarod are quality players who can light it up. Always a very basketball savy team.