Louisville Small College 1-Day Prospect Camp--Date Change

I only post here b/c I know that with school now out, many players planning on attending may not be able to get the message from their coach. I'd hate for someone to drive a long distance only to find out the camp is not until June.

IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE: The 2014 L'ville Small College Prospect Camp will now be held JUNE 24, 2014 and not May 28.

Camp will still be held at Ballard HS and all registration/events time remain the same. Please refer to NOTES under the "MORE" header at https://www.facebook.com/notes/louisville-combine/2014-registration-form/141685945967738.

I only post here b/c I know that with school now out, many players planning on attending may not be able to get the message from their coach. I'd hate for someone to drive a long distance only to find out the camp is not until June.

IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE: The 2014 L'ville Small College Prospect Camp will now be held JUNE 24, 2014 and not May 28.

Camp will still be held at Ballard HS and all registration/events time remain the same. Please refer to NOTES under the "MORE" header at https://www.facebook.com/notes/louisville-combine/2014-registration-form/141685945967738.

Would it be possible to get an idea of what college programs are participating? Thank You.

Would it be possible to get an idea of what college programs are participating? Thank You.

Colleges just found out about date change Friday, so they haven't had a chance to RSVP yet, but...

These are the colleges that have come each of the last 3 years:

* Lindsey-Wilson (KY)

* Georgetown College (KY)

* Kentucky State U. (KY)

* Centre College (KY)

* Thomas More College (KY)

* Kentucky Christian University (KY)

* Franklin College (IN)

* Hanover College (IN)

* Wabash College (IN)

* Mt. St. Josephs (OH)

* Wittenberg (OH)

These have been one or two of the last three years:

* Campbellsville U. (KY)

* U. of Cumberlands (KY)

* U. Pikeville (KY)

* Kentucky Wesleyan (KY)

* Marian U. (IN)

* Earlham College (IN)

* Tiffin U. (OH)

* Illinois College (IL)

* Lane College (TN)

Coming for the 1st time in 2014:

* Washington University St. Louis (MO)

ATTEND THIS EVENT.

I have promoted this event to everyone that I know who has the possibility of playing college football. I can attest to the manner in which this event is ran and results that players will get from this event. Coach Jackson works hard to provide an environment for players to be seen and makes sure college coaches are there to observe. My son attended this camp last year, along with quite a few other combines and camps, and he received more college contacts and interest from this event then any other single event he attended. Several teammates of my son also attended this event and all of them received interest from colleges that were in attendance of this event.

Most events my son attended netted him one or two contacts, many of them did not have college coaches in attendance. Coach Jackson's event netted my son about 10 contacts from a one day event. There were around 15 college coaches in attendance and every college in attendance became intense recruiters of my son. Those colleges represented also contacted my son's teammates and four players from my son's team ended up receiving college scholarships from college's that were at this event.

Coach Jackson works hard to make this event a great success for every player that attends. Coach Jackson does a great deal to improve Kentucky High School Football and this event is just one the many things he does, but he should be commended for the time, effort, and work he puts into this event.

ATTEND THIS EVENT.

I have promoted this event to everyone that I know who has the possibility of playing college football. I can attest to the manner in which this event is ran and results that players will get from this event. Coach Jackson works hard to provide an environment for players to be seen and makes sure college coaches are there to observe. My son attended this camp last year, along with quite a few other combines and camps, and he received more college contacts and interest from this event then any other single event he attended. Several teammates of my son also attended this event and all of them received interest from colleges that were in attendance of this event.

Most events my son attended netted him one or two contacts, many of them did not have college coaches in attendance. Coach Jackson's event netted my son about 10 contacts from a one day event. There were around 15 college coaches in attendance and every college in attendance became intense recruiters of my son. Those colleges represented also contacted my son's teammates and four players from my son's team ended up receiving college scholarships from college's that were at this event.

Coach Jackson works hard to make this event a great success for every player that attends. Coach Jackson does a great deal to improve Kentucky High School Football and this event is just one the many things he does, but he should be commended for the time, effort, and work he puts into this event.

Thank you for the kind words, Ram. I am flattered...but more important, HAPPY the event was what we wanted it to be for your son and the others that attended in the past. Franklin College coach told me this fall that our combine led them to two prospects down this way they'd never have had a chance to see live on their recruiting budget. They recruited both of them heavily during the season and one of them ended up committing to them.

With the numbers from Collins and one or two other schools last year, we're giving a $10 discount per player for kids from a school that brings 8 or more.

How do you get registered for this camp? Is it seniors only?

It is all 'day-of-event' Registration. Just go to the Facebook link listed above, print out the registration form there, fill it out (along w/ parent signatures & insurance info), and show up to Ballard between 3:30 and 5:15 with it. We'll take height/weight & reach during registration, then start the camp drills at 5:30.

I will have a session for parents regarding what they need to know and can be doing to help get their son promoted, some of the recruiting guidelines, and some of the realities around using sports to pay for a college education.

I encourage any athlete who wants to play at the next level to go to this combine. It was by far the best camp/combine I attended. I received more attention at this combine than I did at any other camp or combine. Even though last year's was took inside for inclement weather, it was still ran well and still helped me get attention with various D1, D2, D3, and NAIA schools.

Is this camp open to all grades or just seniors?

Juniors and Seniors. We used to open it to all grades so the young guys could experience a camp situation prior to their Sr. year, but the numbers are getting up there and we really don't want to dilute the attention the Sr's-to-be get (we have them in one group and the Juniors in another).

Coach J, is this just for kids in the Louisville area, or is it open to young men from the state? Would love for my son to attend, but wanted to make sure.

Coach J, is this just for kids in the Louisville area, or is it open to young men from the state? Would love for my son to attend, but wanted to make sure.

It's open. My son, and his teammates are from three and a half hours from Louisville and they attended.

I got a question from a parent recently about ages/grades allowed.

We've allowed Sophomores-to-be in the past, but this year due to what looks to be a greater level of interest, we're going to suggest it be for Jr's/Sr's only (2015 & 2016 grads). This will hopefully allow those closer to graduation get more personalized attention.