Corbin vs. South Laurel (Round 3) 50th District Championship

Let's get this one started!!! :jump:

Set the stage:

SL is 2-0 against Corbin this season. The Cards manhandled the Redhounds earlier in the year with a 72-37 thumping at SL. SL was also victorious against the Hounds at Corbin, posting a 58-41 win just a little over a month ago. That game was more of a battle then the score indicated.

SL and Corbin both dominated in their first round games, with Corbin thumping Whitley Co. 67-40, and SL absolutely demolishing an inexperienced W'burg squad 114-46.

SL has been up and down all season, but seems to be back on track. They are undoubtedly the best team in the district, region, and arguably the state, when they play as a team, and dont get arrogant or selfish.

Corbin is the defending district champions and feel like they have something to prove after 2 tough losses, one of which they feel like they very easily could have won. They have been playing fairly well as of late, but a little inconsistent at times.

That brings us to this game. It should be a dandy. :ylsuper:

Who wins this one??? :confused: Is it a battle, or does SL roll? :fight:

The game is this Thursday night, March 2nd, at Corbin :eek: . Tip off is set for 7:30 pm.

I'm going with SL in a score similar to the 2nd game of the season between these 2. However, I think SL wins much more convincingly, not score wise, but by the way that they play and control the game.

The game is at Corbin, and Corbin will keep it close early. But SL will pull away in the 2nd 1/2, and control the game from then on out.

I will not be surprised either way it goes. On one hand, most would view someone as a fool for predicting a Corbin win. One the other, you can't tell with rivalries and this is the 3rd game of the year. It's always hard to beat a rival 3 times in a row, especially when 2 are on the opposing court.

I can see it being like the first game as well. I do think that Corbin's crowd will have more of an effect on this game than it did in the first. I also can see Corbin playing a great game and pulling the upset. I like that idea a little better so I'll go with that one. Like I said in another thread, I'll gladly eat crow and probably will have to but I'm predicting the Hounds.

South is obviously the better team, but Corbin will not roll over and hand to the Cardinals what has belonged to them(50th district championship)12 of the last 15 years. South Laurel though is good enough to take it without any help.

Some keys for the Hounds to win include:

1. Must limit the turnovers, especially ones that lead to easy points.

2. They have to hit some outside shots.

3. Box out and prevent second chance points.

4. A tightly called game wouldn't hurt.

5. The Corbin crowd needs to be "Rockin" Gilliam Gymnasiam.

Coach p did a great job last season getting his kids ready for the post season they beat three good teams they was'nt supposed to in barbourville clay and region favorite rock I know it is'nt the same team and corbin will be a big underdog this kids have improved greatly and josh crawford is outstanding I WILL say south by 12 corbin improves maybe another shot at them in the region all corbin south fans come watch a good show. good luck to crawford proffit allen and cashen. :fight: :fight: :fight:

South is obviously the better team, but Corbin will not roll over and hand to the Cardinals what has belonged to them(50th district championship)12 of the last 15 years. South Laurel though is good enough to take it without any help.

Some keys for the Hounds to win include:

1. Must limit the turnovers, especially ones that lead to easy points.

2. They have to hit some outside shots.

3. Box out and prevent second chance points.

4. A tightly called game wouldn't hurt.

5. The Corbin crowd needs to be "Rockin" Gilliam Gymnasiam.

:fire: :ylsuper:

Coach p did a great job last season getting his kids ready for the post season they beat three good teams they was'nt supposed to in barbourville clay and region favorite rock I know it is'nt the same team and corbin will be a big underdog this kids have improved greatly and josh crawford is outstanding I WILL say south by 12 corbin improves maybe another shot at them in the region all corbin south fans come watch a good show. good luck to crawford proffit allen and cashen. :fight: :fight: :fight:

I agree with your post besides one thing. Rock wasn't region favorite. Clay had beat them 3 times. Cawood was the favorite going in. Now going to the game I say South will win by 9.