Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Poll (Week 7)

Featured Replies

1. Newport Catholic ( 8 ) 107

2. Simon Kenton ( 1 ) 90

3. Brossart ( 1 ) 84

4. Highlands 68

5. Notre Dame ( 1 ) 65

6. Ryle 33

7. Conner 31

8. Holmes 30

9. Holy Cross 29

10. Cooper 24

Others: Boone County 23, Scott 12, Beechwood 3, St. Henry 2, Walton-Verona 2, Gallatin County 1, Newport 1

Rarely does the coached poll make this much since. I think this time it looks about right based on where we are so far in the season.

 

Another thing, how long has it been since Boone has not been in the NKY top ten? And is this Cooper's first time ever cracking the top ten? If so, good for them.

Little surprised to see ND still down that low. They seem to have it coming back together and in my opinion are either 1 or 2 in the 9th. I know SK beat them early in the year, but this seems to be a different team now that has adjusted to their new coach and is getting healthy. If they stay healthy, I still think they are the team to beat in the 9th. Nothing against NCC, but they have shown an achilles heal inside 9th region play. They continue to pull off wins, but they seem to be vulnerable if you pack it in. Obviously, they remain number 1 until someone beats them again, but I still question whether there is a clean cut number one in the 9th. I also think a healthy ND team creates a matchup issue for NCC. ND is long and strong and really not too effected by a pressure team (outside of the Holmes debacle). They actually score fairly easy against the press when they have their entire team. It will be a very interesting matchup when these two meet.

 

I also expect to see Holmes continue to creep up as they start to play teams that are ahead of them, Ryle, Conner, HHS, Brossart and NCC. They are a team I wouldn't want to play when it counts!

 

I also agree with the respect Cooper is getting. They are a solid team and no easy win for anyone.

  • Author
Little surprised to see ND still down that low. They seem to have it coming back together and in my opinion are either 1 or 2 in the 9th. I know SK beat them early in the year, but this seems to be a different team now that has adjusted to their new coach and is getting healthy. If they stay healthy, I still think they are the team to beat in the 9th. Nothing against NCC, but they have shown an achilles heal inside 9th region play. They continue to pull off wins, but they seem to be vulnerable if you pack it in. Obviously, they remain number 1 until someone beats them again, but I still question whether there is a clean cut number one in the 9th. I also think a healthy ND team creates a matchup issue for NCC. ND is long and strong and really not too effected by a pressure team (outside of the Holmes debacle). They actually score fairly easy against the press when they have their entire team. It will be a very interesting matchup when these two meet.

 

I also expect to see Holmes continue to creep up as they start to play teams that are ahead of them, Ryle, Conner, HHS, Brossart and NCC. They are a team I wouldn't want to play when it counts!

 

I also agree with the respect Cooper is getting. They are a solid team and no easy win for anyone.

 

I would agree, but if they are hitting the outside shots........

I would agree, but if they are hitting the outside shots........

 

If they were consistent hitting outside shots, I would have them at a clear number one because they would be a very difficult matchup for anyone with the offesne spread out like that. But I do think it will be tough for them to pull off 4 games in a row against quality teams packing it in on them. Not that they can't, but time will tell. They have a better shot than most, but it's won't be an easy ride for anyone this year. Whoever wins the 9th will have earned it.

HC barely in the Top 10 at #9. I like this. Keep flying "under the radar".

Holy Cross has the players to give anyone in the region all they want and then some. They have to get more bench production to stay with the top teams and stay fresh late in games. Not a team that people want to face come tourny time.

  • Author
If they were consistent hitting outside shots, I would have them at a clear number one because they would be a very difficult matchup for anyone with the offesne spread out like that. But I do think it will be tough for them to pull off 4 games in a row against quality teams packing it in on them. Not that they can't, but time will tell. They have a better shot than most, but it's won't be an easy ride for anyone this year. Whoever wins the 9th will have earned it.

 

 

Agree 100%.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.