Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Poll (Week 3)

Featured Replies

1. Newport Catholic (2) 36

2. Simon Kenton (1) 35

3. Notre Dame (1) 30

4. Brossart 29

5. Highlands 26

6. Boone County 19

7. Ryle 14

8. Holmes 9

9. Holy Cross 8

10. Conner 4

10. Gallatin County 4

Others: Beechwood 3, Scott 2, Dixie Heights 1

  • Author

Congrats to the Breds on the top spot in both boys and girls polls.

Congrats to the Breds on the top spot in both boys and girls polls.

 

 

Well deserved too I might add.

1. Newport Catholic (2) 36

2. Simon Kenton (1) 35

3. Notre Dame (1) 30

4. Brossart 29

5. Highlands 26

6. Boone County 19

7. Ryle 14

8. Holmes 9

9. Holy Cross 8

10. Conner 4

10. Gallatin County 4

Others: Beechwood 3, Scott 2, Dixie Heights 1

 

I think this is pretty close. Some really good teams at the top in SK and NCC.

 

IMO, NCC deserves the top rank right now. They are playing very well and Kiernan is a beast! They play very fast and come after you on defense.

 

SK is very talented and I don't expect them to stumble too many times prior to districts. Very good squad as well.

 

I also think ND is where they should be at this point, but when they figure it out, they will be contending for the top spot again. Too many athletes.

 

Brossart is where they should be too. Strong senior class, but not sure they could consistently contend with the other 3 right now. Things can changed though.

 

Highlands probably should be close to where they are at because they have found ways to win. However, if their shooting drought doesn't turn around, they won't be there long with the schedule they have approaching in January. They are too good of shooters to let that continue and their defense is pretty good. I expect them to pick up the shooting and continue to battle.

 

Boone should be a scary team for any 9th region to play. They play really hard, fast and have a potential star in Schweitzer. They also have a nice supporting cast. Scary combination any night.

 

Ryle is playing even better than I expected. They have a ton of young talent and they seem to be getting acclimated to varsity play very quick. Even some of their losses were pretty solid (for a loss).

 

Holmes is a scary team as well. Very young and I don't think fear failure at this point...which makes them dangerous. They are FAST, FAST AND EVEN FASTER. IF you can manage their pressure, you can beat them. But that may not be easy for a lot of teams.

 

Holy Cross and Conner are good teams and I'm surprised to see them this low. I think both teams will creep back up as the season continues. Both are very talented and the twins are a load. If there is one knock on HC... if you can figure out a way to stop the twins, you can stop HC. Their depth may hurt them in the long run, but in a one game situation, you better be ready.

 

As for Conner, I think the coaches (in the poll) may have been a little hard on them following the Cooper loss. They are still pretty darn good. They will get tested in their own tournament. I still think they need another consistent scorer to step up to get back to the top.

 

I'm glad Gallantin is included. The Dossett sisters are pure athletes and fun to watch. Haven't been able to see them yet this year, but I did last year. Fun to watch and may even be regarded as a higher rank if more NKY teams got to see them.

 

Beechwood is a team to watch. Some young studs on that team, but may not have enough size to consistently compete with the top teams. But any given night, they could send you home with an L.

 

I don't know a lot about Scott other than the young girls. Will the young girls end up at Scott or are they off to greener pastures? Time will tell.

 

Dixie doesn't pass the look test, but man they play hard and find a way to hang around. They have taken some of the best teams down to the wire this year, including ND and NCC. The final score may not reflect it, but those games were very close late in the games. They are definitely heading in the right direction.

Cooper has beaten Holmes and Conner but doesn't get any votes?

Cooper has beaten Holmes and Conner but doesn't get any votes?

 

Certainly no love for the Jags shown yet, I suspect they will sneak up and knock more than their share of teams out this year. I have been impressed with their play and really enjoy their push it up the floor style of play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.