Regional Tennis

Frontrowfan is estill picking up anyone or did they loose alot of ppl. I know taht you all had 6 good players last year as i seen that you cleared the bracket.

Estill has picked up two more seniors in Noah Eads who played for several years before taking off to focus on football and Josh Rogers who has been playing for only a few months and can already easily fit in the 4-5 seed place.

Eads should fit in the 3-4 spot as well.

Estill returns seniors Josh Turpin who was runner up in singles, Jeremiah Spivey and Dusty Stevenson who were winners in doubles, Josh Newton and Cody West who were runners up in doubles - and junior Philip Smith who won the region in singles.

Estill only lost one girl who played the 4 seed from last year's teams and have now picked up another senior as said above and two more girls that will add depth to what should be a good girls team this year.

The only weak side of Estill's team is the coaching. They are currently coached by one of the players parents who works for the school system I believe and doesnt know a whole lot about the game.

Regardless, the team is stacked with talent and expierence (Turpin, Spivey, Newton and Smith have been playing on the team for 6 years.) and should easily repeat in winning the 14th and if they get a good draw at the state level they could make some noise.

10th region returns defending singles champion Richard Canelas of Highlands who could turn into a top 10 player in the state.

Highlands lost their #2 Player Marty Arnzen the region runner-up, their #1 Doubles team who were semifinalists and half of their number 2 doubles team.

Montgomery Co. returns Ashton Thornberry-a singles runner-up, and Jake Vollmer, and has a couple promising 6th graders. who could be competitive in the relatively weak region.

They lost their regional champion doubles team as well as 2 Brazilian foreign exchange students.

Bourbon returns regional singles semifinalist Joby Glass, and his younger brother Jett who was part of the regional doubles finalists. They also return Clinton Colliver who has developed into a solid player who, if he can figure out how to be a better competitor.

Top players

Canelas

Jo. Glass

Thornberry

Simon Brazinski (Harrison Co.)

As far as teams: My guess is it will be Highlands and Bourbon battling it out, with Harrison a wild card, followed by Montgomery.

This looks like another weak year in the 10th region. (Possibly weaker than usual)

What about Mason Co.? What do they have this year?

What about Mason Co.? What do they have this year?

They had a decent #1 player last year, but I'm thinking he was a foriegn exchange student. I don't really remember a whole lot about their team, but I don't think they will be a very big factor in the region. That said it wouldn't shock me if they can play with, or beat Montgomery or Harrison.

They won't be able to play w/ Bourbon or Highlands.

Mason Co. had one of the better players in the region about 3 years ago in Kinley Hendrickson, and they've had some solid doubles teams in that time, but unless they have something new I don't think they'll be at the top of the region.

I feel like they had a 7th grader playing in the regional tournament about 3 years ago. Maybe Scaggs? Not sure if he's improved or not, but it could be a name to listen for.