Madisonville announces their new Coach

Tigertalker

Madisonville has hired Shannon Burcham to be their Head football Coach. Burcham has been the Defensive Coordinator at Trigg Co. the past several seasons.

Who does he bring with him to run his offense? Colby Lewis or does Scotty Vance stay on as offensive Coordinator? Vance is a good football minded Coach. Don't know him but he seems to work hard and enjoys the game.

Who does Curtis Higgins get to be his Defensive Coordinator at Trigg Co.?

Higgins likes the Confusion/Junkyard defense. He loves to talk it up. Everybody in West KY knows he will still run that defense. But who will he hire as his Defensive Coordinator? It could be interesting because not everybody is high on that defense as Higgins is.

Just my opinion it would not suprise me if some of the current Trigg assistants go with Burcham to Madisonville. Just my opinion though.

tiger talker, do you think he will try to get RUSTY GOBEL from hoptown!!!

I doubt it but he might try to get Goble. Why would Goble leave Hoptown to go to Madisonville for the same position on the staff? Goble could have had the Madisonville job last year if he wanted it and I think this year if he applied he would have gotten it. Burcham was a good choice young, energetic, and smart. He's been passed over at other school's when they had openings. Madisonville could be the right situation for him. Like every new coach that goes to a new school he will have to sell himself and his philosophy.

Just an oppinion on my part but if Lewis doesn't go with Burcham then Scotty Vance will probably get the Offensive Coordinators job.

bigred1234- You see anybody else on the Trigg staff possibly going with Burcham to Madisonville?

I applaud Madisonville for their decision to hire Burcham. If the administration will butt out and help keep the politics out of it, he will prove to be a solid hire. One thing is for sure. Madisonville won't have a better team walking the halls than on the field. The players will want to come out and play for Burcham because he is a top notch individual and teacher. As far as being 'passed over', Burcham was offered jobs at two other high schools and turned them down. I think he finally decided the time was right. As far as what coaches may or may not go, I think that is dependent on what Madisonville says he can and can't do. I don't forsee a mass exodus of coaches leaving for Madisonville based on their past history.