Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Great job, PP92!

 

Looks like an exciting season ahead for the 12th region!

 

 

Thanks, hoops. I am excited for this season. Lots of young talent to enjoy on the floor this season.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Courier Journal's 12th region top 10 teams and players are:

12TH REGION

 

• Teams: 1. Wayne County, 2. Pulaski Southwestern, 3. West Jessamine, 4. Boyle County, 5. Lincoln County, 6. Mercer County, 7. East Jessamine, 8. Somerset, 9. Pulaski County, 10. Danville.

 

• Players: 1. Peyton Woods (Wayne County), 2. Justin Edwards (Pulaski Southwestern), 3. Ronnie Carson (East Jessamine), 4. Daulton Peters (West Jessamine), 5. Corey Stearns (Wayne County), 6. Hagen Tyler (Boyle County), 7. Will Hager (Mercer County), 8. Baylen Hill (Casey County), 9. Timmy Taylor (Lincoln County), 10. Ryan Dishman (Somerset).

The top 7 were very similar. The big difference was Baylen Hill coming in at #8, rated over both Lincoln players (Taylor and Conway), with Conway not even making the list. Wow.

Southwestern is not the #2 team in the region. Not saying they won't be there by seasons end but they are a team relying on 3 experienced players and 3 8th graders. I like where PP put them at #6. That is more realistic to start the season. Somerset at #8 is reasonable and so is Pulaski at #9. But, with both teams still alive in the football playoffs they may be a little high until those guys transition to the hardwood.

I agree with PP that Justin Edwards is the best player in the region and Woods is second. But, I think the Courier Journal is correct to say Ryan Dishman is a top 10 player. Those that haven't seen him may be suprised. And Conway is definately top 10.

All in all it's preseason and everyone has their opinions. The only real poll is the one at the end of the season but preseason is fun. Overall I feel BGP does a better job of research and are more thorough than other sources so I tend to agree with them more. PP did a great job with this years review so I'm sticking with him.

I will say this in regards to Baylen Hill that putting him in the 8th spot is not far fetched! This kid is really turning it on and is looking a match up problem. I watched them this saturday against Bardstown Bethlehem ( very well coached team in the 5th region) and was a complete matchup problem with his length and ability to stretch the floor. Casey County as whole was a little out of sync being the fact they just got there football players in the swing of things and having to play a ton of freshmen. I will say this people will be suprised because there speed and athleticism will make them a tough team in the 12th. The new coaching change and the style coach stallworth brings is going to keep him in a lot of close games in the 12th. Also there freshmen class is loaded with talent...the guards collin miller and jake smith as tandem will have them competing with alot of teams.

 

 

 

 

 

The Courier Journal's 12th region top 10 teams and players are:

12TH REGION

 

• Teams: 1. Wayne County, 2. Pulaski Southwestern, 3. West Jessamine, 4. Boyle County, 5. Lincoln County, 6. Mercer County, 7. East Jessamine, 8. Somerset, 9. Pulaski County, 10. Danville.

 

They're showing a lot more love for the Pulaski County teams. Guess they don't think the loss of those 2 players at Southwest was impactful enough to drop them in the rankings?

 

• Players: 1. Peyton Woods (Wayne County), 2. Justin Edwards (Pulaski Southwestern), 3. Ronnie Carson (East Jessamine), 4. Daulton Peters (West Jessamine), 5. Corey Stearns (Wayne County), 6. Hagen Tyler (Boyle County), 7. Will Hager (Mercer County), 8. Baylen Hill (Casey County), 9. Timmy Taylor (Lincoln County), 10. Ryan Dishman (Somerset).

 

The top 7 were very similar. The big difference was Baylen Hill coming in at #8, rated over both Lincoln players (Taylor and Conway), with Conway not even making the list. Wow.

I will say this in regards to Baylen Hill that putting him in the 8th spot is not far fetched! This kid is really turning it on and is looking a match up problem. I watched them this saturday against Bardstown Bethlehem ( very well coached team in the 5th region) and was a complete matchup problem with his length and ability to stretch the floor. Casey County as whole was a little out of sync being the fact they just got there football players in the swing of things and having to play a ton of freshmen. I will say this people will be suprised because there speed and athleticism will make them a tough team in the 12th. The new coaching change and the style coach stallworth brings is going to keep him in a lot of close games in the 12th. Also there freshmen class is loaded with talent...the guards collin miller and jake smith as tandem will have them competing with alot of teams.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Coach Stallworth does with Casey Co. this year. He did a great job with Team Manimal this summer and if that carries over to the Rebels, they will be a team to watch out for. I like the freshman point guard Casey has. He will be a nice player.

Trust me, I certainly don't mean that as a knock against the Hill kid at all. I'm just saying that I have a hard time understanding how you remove a kid that averaged 17 ppg as a soph on a highly competitive Lincoln squad. I understand Hill's rating is based upon perceived potential. The same argument could be made for including Elkins at Boyle. And they both may very well end up on there by year end. I'm just saying that it would likely be considered a success for each of those players if they were to average 17 ppg this year, and a kid that already did that last year (for a good team) doesn't make the list?

And yes, Casey's freshman class is probably the best class to come through there in 20 years. I look for them to be very competitive in the 12th in their junior and senior seasons, especially if Coach Stallworth stays.

  • Author
Southwestern is not the #2 team in the region. Not saying they won't be there by seasons end but they are a team relying on 3 experienced players and 3 8th graders. I like where PP put them at #6. That is more realistic to start the season. Somerset at #8 is reasonable and so is Pulaski at #9. But, with both teams still alive in the football playoffs they may be a little high until those guys transition to the hardwood.

I agree with PP that Justin Edwards is the best player in the region and Woods is second. But, I think the Courier Journal is correct to say Ryan Dishman is a top 10 player. Those that haven't seen him may be suprised. And Conway is definately top 10.

All in all it's preseason and everyone has their opinions. The only real poll is the one at the end of the season but preseason is fun. Overall I feel BGP does a better job of research and are more thorough than other sources so I tend to agree with them more. PP did a great job with this years review so I'm sticking with him.

 

 

I truly appreciate that SHS. Thanks a bunch. I will work to hard to not let you down. :thumb:

  • Author

Does anyone have any scrimmage results?

 

I heard Lincoln County beat Montgomery County but that Montgomery was missing their best player.

 

Boyle County defeated Middlesboro by 28 points. Hagen Tyler had 21 points and 7 boards.

 

Mercer County played Taylor County and I believe they lost 2 quarters to Taylor County. Tied 1 quarter and won a quarter. I was told Hager looked good and that Trevon Faulkner, the 8th grader, started. I was told he looked decent. Didn't stand out but didn't hurt the team either. I was told Ryan Lanham also got a decent amount of playing time and that he looked decent also. I believe Russell Sims comes back in early December and I expect Mercer County to improve greatly once he is back out on the floor. Sims and Hager together gives Mercer two excellent scoring options from the guard positions. I also was told that Chris Goodman will be playing as well.

 

 

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong and post any other scrimmage info that you may have.

12 region Danville will shock a Lot of teams on 12th region Good showing vs Western hill.. Point guard Trevin Washington look very very strong puting his name in the mix as one of the top point guards in the region along with Cody wooldridge and Trent Johnson..they will steal the spot light of the some the players the where honored to be top of the class of the 12 the region..let the season begin..

  • Author
12 region Danville will shock a Lot of teams on 12th region Good showing vs Western hill.. Point guard Trevin Washington look very very strong puting his name in the mix as one of the top point guards in the region along with Cody wooldridge and Trent Johnson..they will steal the spot light of the some the players the where honored to be top of the class of the 12 the region..let the season begin..

 

Do you think Danville's youth and inexperience will be an issue throughout the season?

  • Author

I was also told that Will Hager had a double-double(points and rebounds) scoring 21 points. Quentin Goodin had 21 also. Mercer County was missing a total of 7 varsity players. Total score was 50-40 Taylor County.

Edited by PurplePride92

With this group no. I think as a whole they have played enough basketball and been expsposed to top talent. Think they will have problems with teams with dominate big men. Other than that I think they will match up well and have a good showing and surprise a lot of people.

  • Author

Ronnie Carson had 43 points in a scrimmage against Jackson County today.

Wow, and that's against a good team with a good guard (Fox). Who won the game?

  • Author
Wow, and that's against a good team with a good guard (Fox). Who won the game?

 

The answer I got was Jackson won the first half by 10 and the second half was tied.

Ronnie Carson had 43 points in a scrimmage against Jackson County today.
I heard Carson has an offer from Samford?? or someone like that. Can anyone confirm this?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.