Monroe County 35 Trigg County 34

tsyoung7

This tuned out to be an awesome game between two hungry teams. They matched up well. Monroe turned the ball over 3 times in first quarter to which Trigg capitalized. Trigg county was a class act and there players were very fine young men. I wish them well next season. Monroe's crowd really got into this one for the refs were not up to speed and made some very interesting calls and no calls.

Good luck Falcons!!! 8-3

Yes it did. Coach P decided to go for the win with 35 seconds to go. He called for long snap count which they jumped putting the ball at 1 1/2 Td line. Then he just powered it in for the last second win. I asked him after about that and he shook his his head and said " I know, at home you go for the the tie, but, we wanted it then!"

Glad to see Monroe advance was worried early in the game didn't sound like Monroe came to play? Was listening on my radio. Good luck the rest of season I really thing this group will be special in a year or two for you guys.[/quote

Yes, in the second half of this game there was one senior, the backfield and Qb are sophomores, both receivers are sophomores, the line consists if one junior center, and three sophomores and one freshman. Very young team. Our starting tailback went out again in the first half with high ankle sprang. And the beast Huff was just plain wore out!!!

Future looks very bright in Monroe!!!!

Yes it did. Coach P decided to go for the win with 35 seconds to go. He called for long snap count which they jumped putting the ball at 1 1/2 Td line. Then he just powered it in for the last second win. I asked him after about that and he shook his his head and said " I know, at home you go for the the tie, but, we wanted it then!"

Thanks.

Gutsy call to go for two points, but the way Monroe was running the football, it was the right call.

Little things matter in the playoffs. Trigg jumped offsides on the 2pt conversion which made it an easier than normal run. Then the UC penalty after the conversation meant the final play was a 38-yard pass attempt for Trigg to win instead of a 40-yard FG try for the win. Trigg's kicker made one from 42 yards last week.

Good luck to the Falcons next week at Tilghman

Monroe County is going to have a tough time running against Tilghman. Trigg's run defense has been porous at times this year. If Tilghman watches last night's game film, I expect them to throw the ball a lot, which wouldn't make any sense to me given what they have in the backfield. But that's the beauty of Tilghman. You never know what they are going to do.

I think Tilghman wins because their defense will keep Arnett from getting wide on them, something Trigg couldn't stop. Plus, you have to factor in the road trip as well. Should be a good game though