Augusta 61 Bracken County 60

Third times a charm. After two losses to Bracken this season Augusta comes out on top tonite. Both teams came out ready to play. The lead was back and forth all game long. Augusta did a good job of sharing the ball all game. Matt Groves lead Augusta with 17 points, Josh White added 13, Jeremy Hardymon 11, Levi Gallager 10, Brayde Hamilton 8, Joe Harget 2, Steven Cumminins 1. Augusta hit 8 threes as a team.

Good job Team.

Congrats to the Jv Team also winning 43 to 29. Also another team performance were they shared the ball all game.

:dancingpa

I may be a little biast but IMO this is the best rivalry in the 10th Region. Bracken came out hot and took an early 8-2 lead but it didn't last long. From that point on it was lead change after tie after lead change as Augusta led 32-30 at the half. The Panthers then took control at the start of the 3rd as the zone gave Bracken fits all night, they looked clueless against it. Augusta went up as many as 11 at 45-34 when Bracken went on an 11-2 run to end the quater. They quickly tied the game at the start of the 4th and from then on it was back and forth again. The game was tied at 58 when Levi Gallagher knocked down a 3 with about 8 seconds remaining. Jesse Hall quickley drived down the floor and was CLEANLY ripped by Steven Cummings but the official whistled Cummings for a foul and sent Hall to the line for two. Hall made the first making it 61-59 Augusta with 3 seconds left. He tried to intentionaly miss the 2nd shot but it banked in. Augusta quickly inbounded the ball and Josh White ran down the sideline untouched to run out the clock. Hopefully these two teams draw each other in the District Tourney, they have had three battles already this season. Bracken winning in Augusta 75-69, and defeating the Panthers 60-55 in Brooksville in the All A. Then tonight the Panthers ruining Bracken's Homecoming with the 61-60 win.

Just the thought of this game gives me chills.... This game was tight night long. Augusta didn't rush the ball of force any shots after a couple Bracken County runs like usual. They kept their compusure and kept the game at their own pace. I think this made a big difference in the game. The teams battled back and forth all night, and Augusta came off on top at Breacken's homecoming night. I get chills every time i think about Gallagher's basket near the end. Great job Panthers!