Holmes -- notes from Sports Illustrated (2/13/06)

Some random comments from this week's SI:

** "...This was the second coming of John Daly, except that Holmes has a brain, a killer instinct and grace under pressure." (page G5)

** "I only played with him once...and he hit it a hundred yards past me...I purposely didn't play with him again because it's too depressing..." Steve Flesch on J.B. Holmes (page G5)

** "I'm telling you, he's going to make the Ryder Cup team -- this year." Steve Flesch (page G5)

** Top 100 Teachers' Poll ranked Holmes the best player on Tour under age 25. He received 56%, Ryan Moore received 24% and Sean O'Hair received 20%. (page G11)

** "J.B. Holmes will win again in '06, and also qualify for and contend at the Masters." Farrell Evans (page G14)

============================================

At least he isn't facing unrealistic expectations too early in his career. :creepy:

Some random comments from this week's SI:

** "...This was the second coming of John Daly, except that Holmes has a brain, a killer instinct and grace under pressure." (page G5)

** "I only played with him once...and he hit it a hundred yards past me...I purposely didn't play with him again because it's too depressing..." Steve Flesch on J.B. Holmes (page G5)

** "I'm telling you, he's going to make the Ryder Cup team -- this year." Steve Flesch (page G5)

** Top 100 Teachers' Poll ranked Holmes the best player on Tour under age 25. He received 56%, Ryan Moore received 24% and Sean O'Hair received 20%. (page G11)

** "J.B. Holmes will win again in '06, and also qualify for and contend at the Masters." Farrell Evans (page G14)

============================================

At least he isn't facing unrealistic expectations too early in his career. :creepy:

Where is this in SI? I've looked cover to cover and don't see it.