Caldwell County 48 Fort Campbell 35

MHSCardinal

Unless you plan on scoring every time you have the football, like Caldwell plans on doing. Ft Campbell was fast and had a good mix of run/pass. Their defense was real fast and strong and Sindelar wore them down. Keeping up with Caldwell's offense is the key.

I agree. Catholic runs the same up temp offense. They wear teams down. Catholic is getting all it's injured players back this week and next week. They will get to play alot faster then they have the past couple of week.

Caldwell's Sindlear is the best QB in the state. Alot of people will say Barker, but Sindelar is just as good in my opinion. He's just a junior.

Unless you plan on scoring every time you have the football, like Caldwell plans on doing. Ft Campbell was fast and had a good mix of run/pass. Their defense was real fast and strong and Sindelar wore them down. Keeping up with Caldwell's offense is the key.

Getting way ahead of ourselves but I believe Mayfield has the all the ingredients to beat Caldwell.

Fast, good QB, getting better on defense and played a much better schedule. A loss won't hurt either team but nobody wants to lose. In a few years I believe these teams will be in the same district.

Caldwell County isn't worried about how many yards it gives up. It just wants to create a couple of turnovers and get a couple of stops.

Caldwell simply wants to have more points on the scoreboard than you at the end of the night, whether that's 17-16 or 57-56.

The difference in the Fort Campbell game was Caldwell won the turnover battle 3-1 and made a pair of defensive stops on 4th and short. And Caldwell turned most of those into points.

The only mistake Caldwell made against Fort Campbell was trying to run some clock after it got up 48-21. The Tigers should have just kept trying to score, IMHO. Fort Campbell took advantage by making a couple of stops of its own, getting a couple of scores and very nearly making a game of it at the end.

Getting way ahead of ourselves but I believe Mayfield has the all the ingredients to beat Caldwell.

Fast, good QB, getting better on defense and played a much better schedule. A loss won't hurt either team but nobody wants to lose. In a few years I believe these teams will be in the same district.

I wonder how close Caldwell County is to going 3A in the next realignment. If memory serves, Caldwell and Union County were the two largest 2A schools the last time.