Watch out for the Camels

Campbell County will surprise some people this year. After a horrendous 2012 (zero wins), the Camels have 13 seniors and have started the season 3-0...granted their stiffest competition so far was Montgomery County. I believe they'll beat the teams they should and will steal a couple of games from perennial NKY powers. Tuesday's game at Cov Cath should be a good measuring stick for how this team can compete against the better teams. Watch out for them and don't take them lightly.

Campbell County will surprise some people this year. After a horrendous 2012 (zero wins), the Camels have 13 seniors and have started the season 3-0...granted their stiffest competition so far was Montgomery County. I believe they'll beat the teams they should and will steal a couple of games from perennial NKY powers. Tuesday's game at Cov Cath should be a good measuring stick for how this team can compete against the better teams. Watch out for them and don't take them lightly.

:lol2:

Couldn't agree more. They play hard and pass well. They space and keep there shape on offense and defense. Should be an interesting season. Good luck to the Camels!

Couldn't agree more. They play hard and pass well. They space and keep there shape on offense and defense. Should be an interesting season. Good luck to the Camels!

Kings, you are spot on. This year they are playing as a team, instead of individuals. I hope to see that continue. If so, they will be in every game. Their defense is vastly improved. Case, Phelps and Anderson will be more formidable. Dumaine and Szovatti look really, really good so far.

The key is their midfield. Their midfield was young last year and not very good. Oliver Rice has a year of high level club play (Kings Hammer Academy) under his belt and looks way more comfortable in the CAM role. Schneider looks good in the central mid position as well. They will be required to feed the ball with accuracy to Szovatti up top and Dumaine on the outside. Kramer looks to be a decent surprise on the outside mid as well.

I guess we'll see a little more about the Camels tonight. CovCath is young and off to a 1-2 start but will be the strongest team Campbell has faced thus far. CovCath is not likely as strong as they typically are and Campbell appears to be vastly improved over last year. I am interested to see how this turns out.

The key is their midfield. Their midfield was young last year and not very good. Oliver Rice has a year of high level club play (Kings Hammer Academy) under his belt and looks way more comfortable in the CAM role. Schneider looks good in the central mid position as well. They will be required to feed the ball with accuracy to Szovatti up top and Dumaine on the outside. Kramer looks to be a decent surprise on the outside mid as well.

Thanks for the scouting report......I'll alert the Coach for tonight.......

:laugh:

Looking forward to seeing some good futbal tonight. Safe play for both teams.

......with that said.....Camels have some players that can play. They should win their share of games.......

Yeah, congrats to the Colonels. They outplayed us in all phases. Looks like the Camels have some work to do to compete with the elite. They dodged several bullets in the first half but had it close at 2-1 at intermission. They fell apart after that. Baby steps. Good luck to the Colonels.

Quite frankly expected more from Campbell County. Colonels dominated this game in every phase, even with their sophomore/junior laden lineup. The only reason it was close in the first half was because CCH emptied the bench about halfway through. Some growing pains for the Colonels this year but they will be a handful as their younger players mature. The first goal by sophomore Bryce Day was as good a strike as you'll see at just about any level.