Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle new coach search

Featured Replies

Interviews started? Any names?

 

Frankly, who would want this job?

  • Author
Frankly, who would want this job?

 

I would think someone that wants to build a respectable program. They have decent talent returning next year and who knows how many others that have opted not to play until the recent news.

I would think someone that wants to build a respectable program. They have decent talent returning next year and who knows how many others that have opted not to play until the recent news.

 

I get all that, just seems to this outsider looking in that coaching at Ryle is tough sledding. I have heard time and time again from many sources that "entitled parents and athletes" make the job one headache after another.

  • Author
I get all that, just seems to this outsider looking in that coaching at Ryle is tough sledding. I have heard time and time again from many sources that "entitled parents and athletes" make the job one headache after another.

 

During my daughters time there we didn't encounter "entitled parents and athletes." Perhaps there are but we were only involved with softball & basketball. As a coach you are always going to have the parents that believe little Johnny & Susie are better than they are and should start or have more playing time. That's why coaching takes a rare breed. One that can diffuse that or can tolerate the headache without it affecting their coaching.

No interview rumors yet but internal transfers had to throw their name in the hat this week if interested. I've been a fan from the stands for a few years and am excited about potential. The talent pool is there! With the right coach, Ryle should be in the conversation for the next several years as a regional contender. Who would want the job? Someone that loves to develop talent, understands the role of a head coach at a large school, and has skills to teach in practice as well as adjust during the game. The program is ready for a competent X's and O's coach with strong positive leadership skills and understanding of the dynamics of the size of the program. From my seat, hoping that person is out there and gets the job!

I would think someone that wants to build a respectable program. They have decent talent returning next year and who knows how many others that have opted not to play until the recent news.

 

I agree! And I'm pretty sure you are going to see a lot of girls come out of the wood work with a new coach on board! They may even have juniors and seniors come out that quit in the past making tryouts what tryouts used to be!! Not having tryouts to fill a roster! I'm pretty sure the female athletes and families are extremely excited to see a positive change to this program!

If we can keep the thread on course feel free to start a new one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.