Beechwood 3 Highlands 1 (JV)

Great game from Beechwood, pitcher went all 7 for complete game. Beechwood and Highlands both competed hard the whole game. Tigers get an unexpected win over the team i picked to win it all.

Great pitching by both pitchers who threw complete games. Lou Bunning for HHS and Kyle Fieger for Beechwood. I believe DJ Mills led the Birds with 2 hits..

Well played game all the way around. Pitching was excellent on both sides with Fieger striking out 8 and Bunning striking out 7. Beechwood strung their 4 hits together with Nussbaum leading the Tigers with 2 hits. DJ Mills led the Birds with 2 of their 6 hits.

Highlands' JV season ends with a 20-8 record.

Posted the below in the JV Tourney thread before realizing this game had its own thread:

Saw the final 3 innings of this one. Both pitchers were dealing. SO Bunning for Birds had good stuff when I was there and defense played well behind him. Beechwood P also had very good control, velocity and change of speed.

Key play for the time I was there occurred B6. Birds with 1st & 3rd and 1 out. Runner from 1st stealing 2nd. 2B covering against RH hitter. Line drive up the middle caught by 2B for a DP. I don't think 2B can get there if he's not covering on the steal. At a minimum, it probably is not a DP.

Great season for the JV Birds. Lots of success and lots of development. Many of these players will be asked to contribute at the varsity level next year with 9 SRs departing.

Guest Mr. KnowItAll

Kyle Fieger threw a great game, Tigers are now 20-5 heading to Saint Henry today to play Scott @5.