Dexter Season 8: The Final Season (Possible Spoilers)

The producers admitted to running through the Bay Harbor Butcher storyline too quicekly and said that should have been a story that the show could have ended with.

Season 2 would have been a fantastic final season.

Keeping Doaks around longer would have been cool too.

I figured Deb would die but I was hoping it'd be a little more meaningful.

Overall the episode was fine when compared to how the season progressed and what not but I was thinking we'd have more of a buildup for the final season, possibly everyone finding out about Dexter or him running away or just something.

I do disagree with the final scene it just felt rushed and thrown together.

From other comments that I've read regarding the finale no one seemed to like it, everyone felt smacked in the face that they would use that as a series finale.

I figured Deb would die but I was hoping it'd be a little more meaningful. Overall the episode was fine when compared to how the season progressed and what not but I was thinking we'd have more of a buildup for the final season' date=' possibly everyone finding out about Dexter or him running away or just something. I do disagree with the final scene it just felt rushed and thrown together. From other comments that I've read regarding the finale no one seemed to like it, everyone felt smacked in the face that they would use that as a series finale.[/quote']

The more I think about this season and last the more terrible I feel they were.

^ Last season was definitely awful.

This season started with promise but never really built upon anything.

Deb went from hating Dexter to trying to kill him to loving him again in the span of about 2 episodes.

I was fine with the direction but I feel that Saxon should not have been the final killer for Dexter nor do I feel that they really built up to anything. You kept hearing of the storm but it never came. A lot of tease for this season to be epic but it ultimately failed to deliver a great final season for Dexter.

Also, usually with series finales you have some sort of closure but there wasn't any. Bautista, Quinn, Masuka, etc.

What was the point of inserting a daughter for Masuka? She provided to depth to any storyline and it was just dumb.

^ Last season was definitely awful. This season started with promise but never really built upon anything. Deb went from hating Dexter to trying to kill him to loving him again in the span of about 2 episodes. I was fine with the direction but I feel that Saxon should not have been the final killer for Dexter nor do I feel that they really built up to anything. You kept hearing of the storm but it never came. A lot of tease for this season to be epic but it ultimately failed to deliver a great final season for Dexter. Also' date=' usually with series finales you have some sort of closure but there wasn't any. Bautista, Quinn, Masuka, etc. What was the point of inserting a daughter for Masuka? She provided to depth to any storyline and it was just dumb.[/quote']

The worst part of all is they made Dexter fall in love. Dexter doesn't have feelings. He's a sociopath.