Covington Catholic 5 Beechwood 4 (JV)

Coach DW

Definitely a fun one to watch. Bummer the blue guys pulled it out in the 7th. BW pitcher was Nick Hyde. That was at least his second complete game and I believe his first loss. Great job by booths teams. That was a beast of a home run the Little Heppler hit.

Definitely a fun one to watch. Bummer the blue guys pulled it out in the 7th. BW pitcher was Nick Hyde. That was at least his second complete game and I believe his first loss. Great job by booths teams. That was a beast of a home run the Little Heppler hit.

Hepp ain't been little in quite a while!

The BW pitcher threw very well. Good control and location, not over powering but just enough to keep the CCH hitters off balance for 6 1/3 innings. CCH had some timely hitting in the bottom of the 7th with the top of their lineup to plate 2 runs and win the game.

Fieger has not been to JV yet this year (for all i know) and it doesn't seem like he's playing a lot at varsity. Im pretty sure He's mostly relieving

Feiger has played in number of JV games. He's a great athlete, but he's not up there with the other Freshman yet. He just hasn't been that productive at the plate at either level. In my opinion, his potential is the only reason he sees time at the varsity level.

That said, he's definitely going to be a major contributor the next few years.

Edited by Old Sports Dad

I was at the varsity cch- bw game, but from what i'm told by a cov cath parent, the Beechwood players were crushed after the loss

No matter what level, this is always a game they look forward to. "crushed" may be a little strong, but the way they lost definitely hit them. You always want to beat the kids you grew up playlist with and against.