Highlands 11 St. Henry 1 (JV) (6 innings)

Highlands JV runs its record to 11-0 with the win. 8th grader Ethan Doty pitches 5 innings allowing only 1 base hit and no earned runs while striking out 8 and walking only 2. SO Alex Venneman pitches a scoreless inning in relief. Birds are lead at the plate by SO Donnie Mills with 3 hits & 2 RBI, SO Brady Murray with 2 hits & 3 RBI, and SO Grayson Heck with 2 hits. Shout out to SO John Abner with pitch hit 2 RBI single in the 6th inning.

Murphy started for the Crusaders.

JV Birds travel to Louisville Saturday for a DH vs Trinity.

How bout that.

11-0 to start the season. :thumb:

Just curious, how many Highlands people on here would agree that it wasnt that long ago and this same type of JV team basically was Highlands Varsity. Amazing what JB has done with the program in a very short time and playing kids at the proper level also has paid dividends and tells the story.

My point is Highlands was competing less than 3 yrs ago with JV caliber kids (13,14 and 15 yr old kids) against (17,18 and 19 yr old men). The pendulum has now swinged towards Highlands due to a whole lot of sacrifice, pain and dedication. Great Job Birds :thumb:

Also love to hear Johnny "Big Country" Abner starting to come around. That kid is like 6'-4 245lbs and is only 15 and still growing. Rumor has it that he has already had to change uni sizes twice in just 11 games into the season. :eek:

Maybe the bigger uni allowed him to clear those hips more freely and get the big hit, IDK...

How bout that.

11-0 to start the season. :thumb:

Just curious, how many Highlands people on here would agree that it wasnt that long ago and this same type of JV team basically was Highlands Varsity. Amazing what JB has done with the program in a very short time and playing kids at the proper level also has paid dividends and tells the story.

My point is Highlands was competing less than 3 yrs ago with JV caliber kids (13,14 and 15 yr old kids) against (17,18 and 19 yr old men). The pendulum has now swinged towards Highlands due to a whole lot of sacrifice, pain and dedication. Great Job Birds :thumb:

Also love to hear Johnny "Big Country" Abner starting to come around. That kid is like 6'-4 245lbs and is only 15 and still growing. Rumor has it that he has already had to change uni sizes twice in just 11 games into the season. :eek:

Maybe the bigger uni allowed him to clear those hips more freely and get the big hit, IDK...

As I stated firmly when the hire was made JB would make baseball relevant in the Fort. He spent his Sunday with 1st and 4th grade Big Styx baseball club. His program is hitting on all cylinders! I am very happy for the boys! Big Country with a big hit, Doty pitching a gem! Ramey knocking the cover off, Bunning pitching well! Some serious talent coming up and a good group of boys!! I hope to catch a Few games soon. Please keep sending updates as I enjoy reading about the squads!

As I stated firmly when the hire was made JB would make baseball relevant in the Fort. He spent his Sunday with 1st and 4th grade Big Styx baseball club. His program is hitting on all cylinders! I am very happy for the boys! Big Country with a big hit, Doty pitching a gem! Ramey knocking the cover off, Bunning pitching well! Some serious talent coming up and a good group of boys!! I hope to catch a Few games soon. Please keep sending updates as I enjoy reading about the squads!

If you do Twitter, follow @HHSDirtyBirds. If you are a FB person, the tweets are mirrored on the HHSDirtyBirds page on Facebook.