Highlands 62 Middlesboro 48

Highlands heads home from the Pikeville Invitational Tournament with a win in today's early game.

HHS broke out to a 15 - 3 first qtr lead. Led by 11 at half. Broke the game open early in the third, getting up by as many as 21 - then coasted thru the 4th qtr for the win. I sent an in game update text to a friend after three qtrs and his response - offensive explosion!!

Turner again led the Birds in scoring. He had some help today as Witte and True both went for double digit point totals.

Turner and Poindexter (Middlesboro) were the all tourney team reps for their respective teams.

A lot of transition baskets today as the Birds got out and ran. Turner led all scorers and both Witte and True chipped in 13 and 14 respectively.

Poindexter for Middlesboro coming off a 32 pt performance last night against Pikeville had 22 today.

10 Bluebirds saw minutes in the 1st Qtr alone. All 14 played in this one.

This was a Tourney I feel the Bluebirds could have won if Houliston had played.

Birds fell to Betsy Layne by 7 (They are in finals) and lost only by 5 to Harlan Co.

Highlands heads home from the Pikeville Invitational Tournament with a win in today's early game.

HHS broke out to a 15 - 3 first qtr lead. Led by 11 at half. Broke the game open early in the third, getting up by as many as 21 - then coasted thru the 4th qtr for the win. I sent an in game update text to a friend after three qtrs and his response - offensive explosion!!

Turner again led the Birds in scoring. He had some help today as Witte and True both went for double digit point totals.

Turner and Poindexter (Middlesboro) were the all tourney team reps for their respective teams.

Good job guys, and to the team as well.