Tates Creek/6A #9 Lafayette Predictions

Tates Creek vs. Lafayette  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Tates Creek vs. Lafayette

The Roy Walton Bowl will be played Friday night at Lafayette. This heated rivalry is sure to be competitive(as it always is). This game will be very important in determining the District Champion. Lafayette is on a 5-game winning streak. Tates Creek is coming off of a big district win vs GRC. What do you think?

This game is always a toss up regardless of records. These games usually come down to the wire and I don't see this one any different. There is a lot at stake for Creek. If they can win and get some help from Clark County, Tates Creek can win the district. Lafayette is proving to be the best city team in the city primarily due to its defense. Lafayette is more of a finesse team on offense which helps Creek out as they are strong against the pass and soft against interior running teams. This has the makings of a great game.

There will be fireworks in this one. I see Big games across the board. Look at Creek to keep the ball in its playmakers hands. Dennis Oxendine and RJ Taylor. Can Creek protect Soph. QB Graham Gordon? If they can, Creek poses most teams lots of problems on that side of the ball, as Gordon is having a great season, when he has time he finds his weapons and can make all the throws. Gordon leads 6A in yards passing so far this season.

Lafayette has its own arsenal with Nelson out of the backfield and Chester at receiver. And another QB having a great season Garett Peavler, currently 2nd in 6A yards passing by a slim margin. But Lafayette has a dilemma. It is a spread offense that likes to play in space, screens and quick pass game which Creek is fully capable at stopping. But Lafayette has an advantage in the trenches. Will it change its gameplan to exploit that matchup?? If so, how does the offense react to that style of play.

Lots of dynamics In a great City Rivalry. I see Creek throwing everything in its arsenal and finding a way to outscore Lafayette 38-35.

I see Coach Harmon taking his most talented players and leaving them on the field, on both sides of the ball... Something he hasn't done all year (don't ask me why)... My players to watch for Creek in this game: Taylor, Dunn, Oxendine, Wilkerson (on Offense) and Taylor, Oxendine, Carter, Bettlach, Nassr (on deffense)... This was my favorite game that Creek played last year (yes, even though they lost), I expect nothing less this year... In my oppinion, we will be watching the two best QB's in Lexington High School football (since Kyle Bolin's unfortunate injury) go at it... I see a lot of balls being thrown... It will be exciting to see who comes out on top...