1A #5 Raceland vs. Portsmouth East (OH)

Ram

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raceland
    • Portsmouth East

Last year's game saw over 100 points scored between these two teams. Portsmouth East has a quarterback that may very well play D1 or D2 football, probably as a running back more so then a quarterback. The Tartans run their quarterback on zone read a lot and he is very talented. Portsmouth East did catch Raceland off guard last year after sending what is speculated to be a JV tape in the tape trade instead of a varsity tape. Plus, there was a little home cooking after a touchdown was awarded to the Tartans after a penalty was called and the Raceland coaching staff was told the penalty would be assessed on the kick off instead of replaying the down. Really a badly officiated game. But, that was last year and this is a new Raceland team that is looking good and this game will be played in the Commonwealth.

The Portsmouth East QB has apparently verbally committed to East Carolina. I know that prior to Coach Tressell's departure from tOSU, he was being heavily recruited to the Buckeyes. That is according to the AD at Ports. East.

Justin Crager. He has already gained 1036 rushing yards in three games. You stop Crager, you stop Portsmouth East.

Passing:

6 for 19 for 40 yards and 1 INT

Rushing:

79 carries for 1036 yards and 13 TD's

Defense:

38 Tackles, 2 sacks

Punts:

Average 40.5 per

We were wrong about this one last year but I think the rams get it right this year.I guess this is the tough part of the schedule, the part that gets us ready for the playoffs,yeah right. Looks like our schedule is getting a lot like Fairviews.

Here we go again. Can't wait to see the fairview/Raceland game, so it will finally be settled