3A #9 Corbin/Tates Creek predictions

Corbin at Tates Creek  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Corbin at Tates Creek

• Corbin (1-1)
    • Tates Creek (1-1)

I haven't had a chance to see Corbin play yet. I'm hoping to see some film on them by tomorrow. If they have a big line with a big bruising back like Harlan County has, then Slink may be right. If they don't... Slink may be wrong... Creek put up 28 on West Jessamine, but to be honest, take away two plays due to first game jitters on a rookie sophmore QB and that score is more like 42 to 9 (I'm refering to his fumble inside the 20, and blocked at the line pass inside the 20 on scoring drives, in the first half). Harlan County's secondary wasn't the best, but that defensive line was very good, fast, and hard hitting, I mean brutal. Creek still managed 54 on the board... I'll wait until I see the film before I make any more comments, but that Creek offense is just getting warmed up. I really feel like the only way to beat the Commodores is to out score them (i.e. have a good running game)... I'll chime back in later...

Corbin has to eliminate a couple of things that have hurt them this year to have a shot at the win:

1. They have given up 4 offensive TD's on the year, with all of them being more than 70 yards each.

2. They have averaged about 4 fumbles per game on the snaps, which are drive killers.

Tates Creek 28 - Corbin 14

I haven't had a chance to see Corbin play yet. I'm hoping to see some film on them by tomorrow. If they have a big line with a big bruising back like Harlan County has, then Slink may be right. If they don't... Slink may be wrong... Creek put up 28 on West Jessamine, but to be honest, take away two plays due to first game jitters on a rookie sophmore QB and that score is more like 42 to 9 (I'm refering to his fumble inside the 20, and blocked at the line pass inside the 20 on scoring drives, in the first half). Harlan County's secondary wasn't the best, but that defensive line was very good, fast, and hard hitting, I mean brutal. Creek still managed 54 on the board... I'll wait until I see the film before I make any more comments, but that Creek offense is just getting warmed up. I really feel like the only way to beat the Commodores is to out score them (i.e. have a good running game)... I'll chime back in later...

Corbin will probably look much different than they looked on film from the first two games. I look for them to scrap being in the pistol formation on every down and put the QB back under center. Also, expect many new numbers playing(and several others not playing) as there will be a lot of personnel changes this week on both sides of the ball.