Great Offense or Poor Defense?

Looking at scores from Friday 8/24 and Saturday 8/25 I counted 54 winning teams that scored in excess of 40 points. There were still 16 games without scores entered yet. My question is are the offenses that good across the board this year or are there a lot of bad teams playing a lot of bad defense? Some of these scores are ridiculous!

I think teams are just getting gassed and paying the price.

Okay, that was the last one. I promise. :D

Well, to be honest, I think your first comment has more truth then you may think. I can speak of our game only, but Raceland, an 1A school with talent, stuck with a ranked 5A school for a half and the teams looked pretty equal. The second half was a different story and our players playing both ways looked pretty tired. Now, Ashland has many two way starters as well, but the difference is they were subbing a lot more liberally then we could. We were "gassed" as you put it. Did it look like we were tired? Not really, but I know our players were not as fast as they were in first half. Just fact.

Well, to be honest, I think your first comment has more truth then you may think. I can speak of our game only, but Raceland, an 1A school with talent, stuck with a ranked 5A school for a half and the teams looked pretty equal. The second half was a different story and our players playing both ways looked pretty tired. Now, Ashland has many two way starters as well, but the difference is they were subbing a lot more liberally then we could. We were "gassed" as you put it. Did it look like we were tired? Not really, but I know our players were not as fast as they were in first half. Just fact.

I am actually a believer now. I admitted it in an update thread. I won't say which one though.:D