Monroe County 48 Metcalfe County 21

48-6 first half. Good game for Falcons!

Metcalfe has some good athletes, just out-maned tonight.

On a different note..Congrats to Coach John Petett for setting school record with most wins by a coach in school history since consolodation in 1985.

48-6 first half. Good game for Falcons!

Metcalfe has some good athletes, just out-maned tonight.

On a different note..Congrats to Coach John Petett for setting school record with most wins by a coach in school history since consolodation in 1985.

Congrats to Coach Petett... reminds me of a debate I had on here in 2004 when Coach Petett took over for Coach Myers. I said it then and I'll say it again now, given a choice of the two, I'll take Coach Petett. Myers has won 5 more games than Petett since 2004, but hasn't advanced past the regional championship and racked up a lot of those wins in what might have been the weakest district in the state, while Monroe was making real noise in what was arguably the toughest 2A district in the state with Glasgow, Green and Monroe. My only complaint on Coach Petett would be in scheduling, I still think it's ridiculous that we can't get Celina or Macon Co. on the schedule. I feel like we are the only border county in the state that doesn't play a team from Tn. We used to have some great match-up's with Trousdale Co. that was full of good energy and excitement... IMO it's time to make it happen and with Coach Petett being the AD, I think he can/should make it happen...