Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jackson City 83 Jenkins 65

Featured Replies

Jackson started off at a snails pace. They were down 11 to zip within the first couple minutes. #1 for Jenkins banged in 3 treys in a row to start off the Cavs. Jackson quickly awoke and picked up the pace. Tigers lead by 15 at the half and kept a steady 20 point lead the second half. Drew Davidson once again came off the bench and played well. Howard once again had another great game on the boards as did Fugate. Howard also had a good offensive night making several mid-range jumpers. Jackson didn't look up to par in the beginning and some of the 3rd quarter but played well enough for the win. Comming off the KCC win the night before may have took just a little steam from that engine.

Also, I'd like to complinemt the Jenkins ball club. They played extremely hard, and never quit. Jenkins is not as down as some may think, myself for one. I was surprised that Jenkins was a little better team than I expected. Good job guys. In addition, I thought the Jenkins fans were extremely respectful as I spoke with a couple of them.

Nice compliments Roundleather24? Where did you sit? I said this in an earlier thread, Jackson City had the best atmosphere and the best fans of any game that I had been to in 10 years! GREAT school spirit which seems to be what all schools lack anymore! It felt like a regional championship game! And the news that they announced at the end of the game seems to be really looking up for the small school! Jackson City showed great sportsmanship as well!

  • Author
Nice compliments Roundleather24? Where did you sit? I said this in an earlier thread, Jackson City had the best atmosphere and the best fans of any game that I had been to in 10 years! GREAT school spirit which seems to be what all schools lack anymore! It felt like a regional championship game! And the news that they announced at the end of the game seems to be really looking up for the small school! Jackson City showed great sportsmanship as well!

I was setting deep in Tigerville (lol). The last couple of games, (you guys, and KCC) I was tickled to death of the atmosphere and fan support for this team. I even saw some of Breathitts fans/teachers ect. there. Perfect timing with the school issue settled also (the announcement after the game that you spoke of). I think this community can now pull itself back together and help chear for each other. Even last year in the Regional tourney, several Jackson City ball players were at Hazard chearing for the Breathitt Bobcats against PCC. That showed me that the kids could care less about a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo and the adults were the only one with grudges. Now I say lets go back to normal and chear on all Breathitt Countians and Jacksonians.

Also getting back to the school spirit. This school has been waiting for a team like this to come along and get fans back into the stands and I would have to say "Mission Accomplished"! :thumb: But now we have created ouselves yet another problem, too many fans and not enough stands. Anyway, good post also HALL and go Longhorns!

does Jackson city still play at Lee's college?

  • Author
What was the announcement?

Jackson City/Breathitt County have been in a legal battle over students for the last couple of years. Tons of meetings, appeals, reappeals, and then another meeting or two, and last night during the game both school boards were meeting and came to an agreement that both schools could live with. From what I was hearing, Jackson was close to having to close the doors and now things are back to normal. This was a touchy subject even in my family for a while but now it's time to forget it and move on with it.

  • Author
does Jackson city still play at Lee's college?

No, they built a new gym 4 1/2 years ago. Layed out just about like Buckhorn's minus the locker rooms.

As long as the kids can have a normal high school life and not have to go through hoops just to get an education. Man, people sure lose track of the "right thing" as soon as some feelings get hurt and they have to be right. Not saying thats the case here, but lets remember to put the kids first.

#2 is a fine ball player for Jackson City! I heard there top 7 players are Seniors? Any truth to that Roundleather 24?

  • Author
#2 is a fine ball player for Jackson City! I heard there top 7 players are Seniors? Any truth to that Roundleather 24?

No truth to that, except #2 being a fine ball player. Here's the scoop:

#1 Jordan Fugate (Senior)

#2 Kyle Howard (Senior)

#3 Chase Thompson (Senior)

#15 Michael Watkins (Junior) unless he gets a bloody uniform then he's #31

#21 Dustin Kilburn (Junior)

non starters:

#25 Drew Davidson (Soph)

#44 C.K. Howard (Soph)

#55 Dustin Flenchum (Soph)

These are the ones that see the majority of the playing time. Another Senior is Randy Combs #30 I believe who sees some playing time but is a much improved player over the years.

Should be a solid team once again next year! Wish them the best of luck!

  • Author

Just looked at the paper and once again 5 Tigers were in double digets. Not sure how many times they've done it this year but It's been a few or so:

Howard 22 (had double double pts/rebounds and I believe Fugate may have also)

Fugate 13

Thompson 13

Davidson 13

Kilburn 10

Also, Puckett for Jenkins lit it up for 32 pts. That kid can shoot.

Congrats to the Tigers on another great win. I really love the fan support these kids have been getting. :thumb:

Good win for the tigers the atmosphere i think really pulled them through there rough start and as for next year goes the future looks bright for this tiger team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.