UK vs. Purdue in an elimination game on the Big Ten Network

Theoldguy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done speaking with Rich and indeed it is a game time decision.

UK has to beat Purdue than beat Kent State at 8pm tonight than again on Monday.

BTW if all the above happens (and I hope and think it will) we UK fans have to be rooting against Oregon as if they win out, UK would play them in Eugene Oregon but if they lose and Kentucky wins, the next round would be played in Lexington, Ky

That just made my head hurt...

I believe once Oregon is out it would be a bidding process. Seeds are irrelevant if the 2 ones are out I just wasn't sure how the 1 seed was doing in the regional UK/Purdue/Kent State is paired with. Knowing it's Oregon I'll definitely keep my eye out for them though. If UK can win this one they are going to have a good shot at Kent State. I really think UK can take two in a row from them, the depth is what separates the big boy leagues from the mid majors.

The information I posted was what I was given about UK hosting....a super regional!

The information I posted was what I was given about UK hosting....a super regional!

If UK put in a good bid they will definitely host if Oregon is out. So if whoever you know knows what kind of bid UK put in they can definitely speak with confidence. I hope they do host I will definitely buy tickets and go if they do. Baseball post season in college is some of the most fun you can have. Having UK and Ole MIss both in the supers would make my household a happy place over the next week.

Hopefully Littrell has found his groove now! Either way if he makes 7 innings I wouldn't pitch any reliever more than 1 inning so they will be available tomorrow and/or later tonight and I'd tell my Friday night starter that he'd better be ready to go on short left, gotta go all out with it being win or go home.

Had to go to the Bathroom

1st two batters reach via single

Male BTW is 5-8 in the tourney

Williams 1-3 sac

runners now on 2nd and 3rd

next batter this time grounds out 4-3 for the 2nd out

runners don't advance

3-0

Zellers walks bases loaded

Not looking good for UK hosting, Austin Pea is about to beat CS Fullerton, which would require Austin Pea to beat Oregon twice in a row in the next 24 hours. I could see Fullerton winning 2 in a row against Oregon, I can't see a sun belt team that's already played 3 games in the last 2 days doing it though honestly.

With that said though Oregon only beat Pea 6-5 in the first game Friday.