UK vs. Purdue in an elimination game on the Big Ten Network

Theoldguy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

UK needed that one, a strikeout there would have been bad. They can also work the pitch count up some now with this inning. I guess now it's obvious why I don't coach baseball I thought that sac bunt was a stupid idea.

UK needed that one, a strikeout there would have been bad. They can also work the pitch count up some now with this inning. I guess now it's obvious why I don't coach baseball I thought that sac bunt was a stupid idea.

In a game that you have to win, you have to have runner in scoring position to score. It also takes them out of the DP chances. Smart play IMHO.

There is a reason I'm coaching from my recliner :p.

Any chance of UK hosting a super, what region are they paired up with?

Just got done speaking with Rich and indeed it is a game time decision.

UK has to beat Purdue than beat Kent State at 8pm tonight than again on Monday.

BTW if all the above happens (and I hope and think it will) we UK fans have to be rooting against Oregon as if they win out, UK would play them in Eugene Oregon but if they lose and Kentucky wins, the next round would be played in Lexington, Ky

In a game that you have to win, you have to have runner in scoring position to score. It also takes them out of the DP chances. Smart play IMHO.

Ya it worked out well, I guess I just like to have faith that my cleanup guy will get me a hit when we have to have it.

Anyone who doesn't understands the HBP rule the play just now show the difference between HS and College and Pros

Batter didn't move and got hit

men on 1st and 3rd and then a base hit up the middle and UK scores another run

4-2 UK

Just got done speaking with Rich and indeed it is a game time decision.

UK has to beat Purdue than beat Kent State at 8pm tonight than again on Monday.

BTW if all the above happens (and I hope and think it will) we UK fans have to be rooting against Oregon as if they win out, UK would play them in Eugene Oregon but if they lose and Kentucky wins, the next round would be played in Lexington, Ky

I believe once Oregon is out it would be a bidding process. Seeds are irrelevant if the 2 ones are out I just wasn't sure how the 1 seed was doing in the regional UK/Purdue/Kent State is paired with. Knowing it's Oregon I'll definitely keep my eye out for them though. If UK can win this one they are going to have a good shot at Kent State. I really think UK can take two in a row from them, the depth is what separates the big boy leagues from the mid majors.