35th district

SSC

35th District starts tonight at Softball City.

HC takes on Cov Latin, HC should win this one.

Holmes vs Beechwood, I will take Beechwood, if they win they make the regions which is kinda crazy!

NDA vs HC, as much as it pains me NDA should come out with the win. HC is playing better as of late and if their pitchers can throw stikes it could be a game but HC would need a lot to fall in place in order to pull out the upset.

Is there a worse place to have a district tourney at than Softball City?

Holy Cross won big in 3,

The story though is the districts not being held at NKU, I think it makes it feel like the playoffs being held at a complex like NKU vs a place like softball city. With the regions being held at St Henry it will be the same way.

I have heard NKU wanted around $700 to host Districts and $1200 to host the region, I can understand both sides of NKU needing to make some money and the schools not wanting to pay that amount but I would think the field sits empty up there these next 2 weeks and the girls are not getting the experience they could have. So it is a lose/lose for both sides.

Holy Cross won big in 3,

The story though is the districts not being held at NKU, I think it makes it feel like the playoffs being held at a complex like NKU vs a place like softball city. With the regions being held at St Henry it will be the same way.

I have heard NKU wanted around $700 to host Districts and $1200 to host the region, I can understand both sides of NKU needing to make some money and the schools not wanting to pay that amount but I would think the field sits empty up there these next 2 weeks and the girls are not getting the experience they could have. So it is a lose/lose for both sides.

Couldn't agree more. You would think NKU would want to see the local schools play the regional tournament on their field to see the local talent, and you would think they would make enough by charging for parking as they always do now a days. I would think the gate would cover most of the umpires fees if not all, but NKU could also run a concession as well to make money, or the hosting school could run it and split it with NKU. I guess that would be too much work involved to consider. There are all kinds of options IMO, but the bottom line is that it only hurts the players. I can't believe NKU would not be willing to try and work something out. This is very disappointing to everyone, but especially for the players.

Couldn't agree more. You would think NKU would want to see the local schools play the regional tournament on their field to see the local talent, and you would think they would make enough by charging for parking as they always do now a days. I would think the gate would cover most of the umpires fees if not all, but NKU could also run a concession as well to make money, or the hosting school could run it and split it with NKU. I guess that would be too much work involved to consider. There are all kinds of options IMO, but the bottom line is that it only hurts the players. I can't believe NKU would not be willing to try and work something out. This is very disappointing to everyone, but especially for the players.

What is the fee for the 9th region basketball tourney to be held at KY Bank, I would think a fraction of what it cost to hold the softball tourney at NKU. I doubt they make enough on the basketball to cover the fees.

NDA destroyed Holy Cross 15-0 I believe in 3 innings.

Beechwood over Holmes.

In NDA game, their pitcher only gave up one hit to the 10 batters she faced, the 1 hit she gave up was to HC's #9 hitter, HC hit several balls well just right at people, NDA's pitcher does a good job at changing speeds, if she picks up some speed on her fastball she will be really tough on hitters. On offense NDA did a little of everything, they walked a lot, hit a lot and reached on error's a lot. To say the least it was a total mismatch.

On a side note, knowing going in you would have to have a perfect game to compete with your opponent and they would have to have an off game do you start your #1 or #2 pitcher. HC decided to start their #2 for reasons unknown, and yes their #1 was healthy and wanted to pitch. She faced 10 batters on the previous day so I am sure pitch count or fatigue was not a problem. Now I am 100% sure NDA wins the game either way but don't you at least try to win. They finally but their #1 in when it was 8-0 with no outs in the second. HC also had a girl in the outfield that I hadn't seen play all year. You gotta love HS softball.

NDA destroyed Holy Cross 15-0 I believe in 3 innings.

Beechwood over Holmes.

In NDA game, their pitcher only gave up one hit to the 10 batters she faced, the 1 hit she gave up was to HC's #9 hitter, HC hit several balls well just right at people, NDA's pitcher does a good job at changing speeds, if she picks up some speed on her fastball she will be really tough on hitters. On offense NDA did a little of everything, they walked a lot, hit a lot and reached on error's a lot. To say the least it was a total mismatch.

On a side note, knowing going in you would have to have a perfect game to compete with your opponent and they would have to have an off game do you start your #1 or #2 pitcher. HC decided to start their #2 for reasons unknown, and yes their #1 was healthy and wanted to pitch. She faced 10 batters on the previous day so I am sure pitch count or fatigue was not a problem. Now I am 100% sure NDA wins the game either way but don't you at least try to win. They finally but their #1 in when it was 8-0 with no outs in the second. HC also had a girl in the outfield that I hadn't seen play all year. You gotta love HS softball.

But just think, the nightmare is now over.:lol:

35th District starts tonight at Softball City.

HC takes on Cov Latin, HC should win this one.

Holmes vs Beechwood, I will take Beechwood, if they win they make the regions which is kinda crazy!

NDA vs HC, as much as it pains me NDA should come out with the win. HC is playing better as of late and if their pitchers can throw stikes it could be a game but HC would need a lot to fall in place in order to pull out the upset.

Is there a worse place to have a district tourney at than Softball City?

If you are saying in light of the past several years, no doubt a little crazy and a very nice accomplishment for the Tigers.

However, this year they are the second best team in the district so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they make the regional.

If you are saying in light of the past several years, no doubt a little crazy and a very nice accomplishment for the Tigers.

However, this year they are the second best team in the district so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they make the regional.

Yes that is what I meant, 2 years ago Beechwood was about as bad a HS team as you would see, this year they are District Champs!!