How much credit should Bush get.....

I'm glad he does, and I'm glad you feel that way. Unfortunately, there are some that insist the economy is all Obama's fault. They can't have it both ways.

True, just as those who don't want to acknowledge Obama's fault in the economy should then give Bush credit for taking out OBL.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my take Leatherneck and an observation by me. (surface level or not)

Just my opinion. Iraq was a country with an army and a terrain built for a quick campaign to take and declare victory. Afghanistan was/is not. I think Military leaders and advisors wanted a quantitative victory to keep America behind the war effort and easily followed intel that told them what they wanted to hear.

When we began to move on Iraq, I believe we lost the World Support we had in Afghanistan vs. the Taliban and Osama. Had we stayed the course (IMO) and sent the same amount of material and troops there we sent to Iraq, we could have choked off our original target over time.

Just my take Leatherneck and my convictions. I think the one thing these wars have revealed is that our resources are NOT limitless in men or money. We have taken our military to the edge with the number of months and years of front line service on the same people over and again. Again, JMO.

Okay and thanks. I actually acknowledge that, given the extremely poor intel community that Bush inherited, it's possible that the Iraq invasion could have hampered the search for OBL. But because I haven't read any credible articles supporting that conclusion, I don't have an opinion on whether it did or not. Heck the poor intel situation could be argued for the opposite conclusion: it didn't matter whether or not we invaded Iraq because oor human intelligence resources in Pakistan were so poor and limited, it was going to take us a very long time to build it up enough to track down OBL.

If anyone has read any books with inside knowledge on the matter, I'd love to hear about them.

Side Note: I just finished Republican Leader written by John David Dyche on Senator McConnell. Good read with a lot of interesting insight. John David is a fraternity brother from Centre. Fans and foes of Senator McConnell would enjoy it.