Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 10 Beechwood 0 (5th)

Featured Replies

Birds got back on the W side in the bats wars. I thought our outfield had some problems.

9am game vs Mason County then not sure whos next.

Any one any other scores from the tourney?

Nice win LadyBirds. Beechwood blanked and run ruled again. To me the most disappointing team in the region.

Nice win LadyBirds. Beechwood blanked and run ruled again. To me the most disappointing team in the region.

 

I hate to keep going back and fourth about Beechwood, but what were your expections for them? As far as talent they are at or near the bottom in the area. (that doesn't mean they don't have a couple of girls that can play) Do they have any girls that play travel ball or even rec ball in the off season. A school like HHS might have half their girls playing in the summer and have at least one that is going on to play in college. From what I heard about HHS they had girls working out all winter together, I am sure that helps.

  • Author
I hate to keep going back and fourth about Beechwood, but what were your expections for them? As far as talent they are at or near the bottom in the area. (that doesn't mean they don't have a couple of girls that can play) Do they have any girls that play travel ball or even rec ball in the off season. A school like HHS might have half their girls playing in the summer and have at least one that is going on to play in college. From what I heard about HHS they had girls working out all winter together, I am sure that helps.

 

The whole summer thing has just changed over the last year at HHS they do have 5 girls playing summer.

I hate to keep going back and fourth about Beechwood, but what were your expections for them? As far as talent they are at or near the bottom in the area. (that doesn't mean they don't have a couple of girls that can play) Do they have any girls that play travel ball or even rec ball in the off season. A school like HHS might have half their girls playing in the summer and have at least one that is going on to play in college. From what I heard about HHS they had girls working out all winter together, I am sure that helps.

 

You kind of answered your own question. Beechwood supposedly had a summer team. They played three games. No prep work was done in the off season. Is there anyone to blame for that?? The girls-yes.

 

My expectation for Beechwood this year was to make the region tournament. The 35th is exceedingly weak with all clubs having new coaching staffs. I would have predicted Notre Dame to win the district, then Beechwood, then Holmes and Holy Cross. No disrespect intented towards any of the other teams or coaches. Beechwood lost nobody from last years team and I thought they had made positive progress in 2011. 2012 has been back to the same old same old.

 

Highlands appears to be taking softball more seriously as ABC2 stated and it shows on the diamond.

You kind of answered your own question. Beechwood supposedly had a summer team. They played three games. No prep work was done in the off season. Is there anyone to blame for that?? The girls-yes.

 

My expectation for Beechwood this year was to make the region tournament. The 35th is exceedingly weak with all clubs having new coaching staffs. I would have predicted Notre Dame to win the district, then Beechwood, then Holmes and Holy Cross. No disrespect intented towards any of the other teams or coaches. Beechwood lost nobody from last years team and I thought they had made positive progress in 2011. 2012 has been back to the same old same old.

 

Highlands appears to be taking softball more seriously as ABC2 stated and it shows on the diamond.

 

Beechwood could still make the region, as all 4 teams are weak, I believe HC will be the 4 seed so Beechwood would only have to beat Holmes to make it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.