LOVING the highlight video links!!!

CoachJ

Kudos to theGuru for posting these numerous links on Ky's top players.

For many years, all-state selections were (and could only be) based on word-of-mouth--or worse--the opinions of a very small number of sportswriters with very limited scope. (Not a big fan of polling us COACHES either -- that system is fraught with vote-trading and such.)

Now, with these videos, the casual fan can get a sense of really how good these guys are where it matters most: in competition (not just at a combine with measurables like height/weight/40-time/etc.)

I've always thought All-State should be based on FILM review by a group of people who really know what they're doing, but always knew it was unfeasible logistically. Maybe now it's getting possible to do it that way.

I'm especially grateful that now there are internet systems like hudl.com and others that allow coaches to MUCH more easily compile highlights for players and send them out to the internet and to college coaches than the old days of VHS or DVD burning, mailing, etc.

How do we go about getting links to Guru to post?

mount,

Anyone can send me a link to post but we prefer if individual members post videos of the player in question. I understand sometimes members don't want to post a video of a player because it may "out" who they are and if that is the case please send me a PM with the link to YouTube and any information you can pass along about the player in question and I will post it for you.

Agreed.. The internet has made things so much better for the high school athlete. I remember when I was being recruited, I had to splice together VHS tapes in order to make a highlight film to mail off to colleges. Now it's as easy as sending a hyperlink. I really like to see these young players getting the exposure they deserve. Far too many kids, who have the talent to play at the next level, were simply overlooked becasue schools had not seen or heard of them. Now a kid can send a school his/her highlights from Hudl or Youtube.. It's a great thing.