Bowling Green 60 Warren Central 47

The Purples I felt came out with a great gameplan and executed it virtually flawlessly in the second half. Their shots didn't drop in the first half, but they were very patient, got into their halfcourt set, and found the open shots. They ran the press just enough to disrupt Warren Central, and once the Purples got the lead, they made sure to limit the chances Central would have to get back into it. And they hit almost every free throw they shot. They went 21-25 from the line, and missed almost none when they were closing out the game. Very impressive performance. Central got out to a 6 point lead in the 3rd quarter, but BG was up 7 by the end of it and the Dragons never got closer than 5 the rest of the way.

I would obviously have rather had the win, but I really felt that Central exceeded expectations this year. They didn't have as strong a senior class as the Purples (which is showing out in all sports - and I expect to continue into baseball), but have a strong, young cast behind them, just like the Purples. This was thought to be a bit of a bridge year for the Dragons, and I think there's a good chance we will see these two match up for two straight years.

Congrats BG!