Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BaldGuy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BaldGuy

  1. Agree that nothing will be done this year, unfortunately! I know that last year there were some concerns raised and the administration would not address this! I do believe that if something is not done, and soon, then many players will leave. There has already been talk about this with the younger girls. It is too bad because the program was strong in the past and will take a while to recover even with changes. Even if coaching changes were made, who knows who they would get next!!
  2. Jeanie I could not agree with you more!!! I know that several of the varsity players want to play and do well. During several games, all of the varsity players were taken out in the third quarter and did not return to the game. Talk about frustration!! It has been truly disappointing to watch!!
  3. No one is saying that the Walton girls were going to win a regional title, all A maybe. Also no one is saying that the school WANTED this. But up until recently, this same group was winning, 18-9 two years ago. Currently, they are playing the same schools and not winning and not playing well. I believe that there are a few good players who could play at the next level. As stated earlier, not all the blame lies with coaching. However, they seem to have no direction, no game plan at all. Even when they start a game and what they are doing isn't working there is simply no adjustments. They have had winning seasons up until now. With respect to the younger girls...they are also very talented but there are many similarities to what you hear about them and what was said at that age about the current seniors. I would just hate to see this continue.
  4. Hopefully, in a few years the program will turn around, but I feel bad for the seniors who are currently playing. They have a great deal of talent and are just not performing. Not all of this lies with the coaching; however, until the change they were winning and playing extremely well.
  5. Just looking for thoughts....my opinion: See SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION..they wanted to take the program in a different direction 2 years ago when they relieved the previous coach of his duties and hired an inexperienced replacement. The new coach tries extremely hard it's just that the core coaching skills (basic knowledge of the game, strategy, ability to teach, ability to motivate, ability to adjust during games, etc., etc.) just aren't there...did I mention that the prior coach was relieved of his duties at the end of a season in which, I believe, he received regional & conference recognition for his performance....nice!!! This WV team appears to have no motivation, desire or will to win. There was a time when this team had the ability to compete with other 8th region schools. I think the school administration has achieved their goal :madman:....and then some!!! :cry:
  6. See SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION:fire:..they wanted to take the program in a different direction 2 years ago when they relieved the previous coach of his duties and hired an inexperienced replacement. The new coach tries extremely hard it's just that the core coaching skills (basic knowledge of the game, strategy, ability to teach, ability to motivate, ability to adjust during games, etc., etc.) just aren't there...did I mention that the prior coach was relieved of his duties at the end of a season in which, I believe, he received regional & conference recognition for his performance....nice!!! This WV team appears to have no motivation, desire or will to win. There was a time when this team had the ability to compete with other 8th region schools. I think the school administration has achieved their goal:madman:....and then some!!! :cry:
  7. Hargett averaged almost 20 ppg, 10 rebounds and 2.5 steals per game. I would say that is not too shabby. She was the leader in steals on her school team and AAU team!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.