Toyota Classic Wrap Up

Boone County won the 2012 Toyota Classic Girls Round Robin Tournament by defeating each of the other three teams in the competition. The Lady Rebels beat Clay County 51-43, handing the Lady Tigers just their third loss of the season, Franklin County 57-47, and host Scott County 57-38. Clay finished the competition at 2-1,while Franklin County was 1-2, and Scott County 0-3.

Sydney Moss led the way averaging 24.3 points per game and 12.0 rebounds per game. Moss was selected as Defensive Player of the Game in two of the games and was selected to the All-Tournament team. Boone's Lydia Nash also received a Defensive Player of the Game award and averaged 13.7 PPG and 7.0 RPG but somehow was not named to the All-Tournament. Sometimes you wonder what the selectors are watching!

Other All-Tournament selections (from memory and I may not have them all correct) included Alisha Mitchell and Cheyenne Madden fro Clay County, Malaka Frank and Dasia Kilbourne from Franklin County (both just 8th graders), Alexis Switzer from Boone County, and (here's where I'm not sure) Tereka Guyn and Audriene Christopher (?) from Scott County.

Nicely run tournament and we met some great folks, but I do have a few suggestions for them that I'll try to pass on when I figure out how.

Boone County won the 2012 Toyota Classic Girls Round Robin Tournament by defeating each of the other three teams in the competition. The Lady Rebels beat Clay County 51-43, handing the Lady Tigers just their third loss of the season, Franklin County 57-47, and host Scott County 57-38. Clay finished the competition at 2-1,while Franklin County was 1-2, and Scott County 0-3.

Sydney Moss led the way averaging 24.3 points per game and 12.0 rebounds per game. Moss was selected as Defensive Player of the Game in two of the games and was selected to the All-Tournament team. Boone's Lydia Nash also received a Defensive Player of the Game award and averaged 13.7 PPG and 7.0 RPG but somehow was not named to the All-Tournament. Sometimes you wonder what the selectors are watching!

Other All-Tournament selections (from memory and I may not have them all correct) included Alisha Mitchell and Cheyenne Madden fro Clay County, Malaka Frank and Dasia Kilbourne from Franklin County (both just 8th graders), Alexis Switzer from Boone County, and (here's where I'm not sure) Tereka Guyn and Audriene Christopher (?) from Scott County.

Nicely run tournament and we met some great folks, but I do have a few suggestions for them that I'll try to pass on when I figure out how.

Agree! I was thinking the exact same thing.

Didn't the coach of each team select their own players? Agree. Nash had a good tournament.

I don't believe so. I talked with a lady there who was helping select the defensive player of each game and she talked about the selection of all-tourney players like it was as committee selection.

Nash has had a very good year. When both she and Hill stay out of foul trouble Boone is a very difficult team to compete with on the boards.